Flickr bought out by smugmug

Soldato
Not very helpful but I’m just stopping altogether. I haven’t uploaded anything meaningful up there for a while and I don’t really know why I would want to any longer - I’m only shooting as a hobby.

And

And

Associate
I'm quite happy to use flickr for sharing/showcasing my images and upgraded from free to pro to retain that. I don't use it as a backup facility.

Soldato
I'm still happy with the Flickr service and renewed my subscription recently although that did prompt me to remove the auto renew option as I want to change the card for future payments.

What I don't appreciate is now that I have removed my card various sections within the site state 'You are in danger of losing your Pro account' even though I've just paid up for two years. Fine if I was close to the renewal but 2 whole years is a bit of a snub to paying members.

Caporegime
With the 1000 photo limit being imposed next week, where have people gone from Flickr?

Flickr should not be considered a backup drive and I am surprised people use it as such. Something like OneDrive or Google Drive would be an appropriate cloud backup solution.

Soldato
I've switched to this yesterday.. Not happy with the Flickr situation, the company is fully self funding on advertising so this is nothing more than jumping on a subscription based bandwagon that's the growing trend at the moment.
I've started using it again now. The community seems very active which is great. Looks like I won't miss Flickr.
What's your name on there?

Back
Top Bottom