Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
It depends what you mean by 'these things'. Actual half decent smart watches are still worth quite a lot. Cheap Chinese knock offs, sure, never been worth too much. It is quite impressive if they can knock them out for £6 though.

Soldato
still rocking my s3 frontier.

samsung pushed a new update, that has fixed a few of the slower areas of the watch like starting workouts.

even better now!

Still have got mine but I just noticed that the Galaxy Watch Active is being released this week. Not sure how it compares to the S3 Frontier, deciding if it worth the upgrade...or sidegrade?!?!?!?

Soldato
Still have got mine but I just noticed that the Galaxy Watch Active is being released this week. Not sure how it compares to the S3 Frontier, deciding if it worth the upgrade...or sidegrade?!?!?!?
i thought active was supposed to be a "cheaper" way into the galaxy watch lineup so plastic build, smaller screen etc..

dont think it'd be an upgrade

Soldato
Fair enough. May skip that then as I also have the Pixel 2.

Tempted to go for the Galaxy Watch.

Only thing putting me off is the lack of an internal speaker, and the fact you can't get ahold of the black one for pre-order on the Samsung website where I've got £50 off.

Associate
Only thing putting me off is the lack of an internal speaker, and the fact you can't get ahold of the black one for pre-order on the Samsung website where I've got £50 off.

I contacted Samsung support to see if the black galaxy watch active would be back in stock before the preorder deal ran out and she insisted it would be (and put me on an email alert list). 50 quid off, 70 quid trade in for my S2 and the free wireless battery pack make it seem like a good deal.....still not going for the rose gold though.

**Edit** back in stock and ordered for £109 with the battery pack offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know a few people have picked up TicWatches on this thread, I had an E2 delivered yesterday. All the ticwatch pre-installed apps ask for the mobvoi app to be installed but when you go looking in the play store it's not there.

Are they worth bothering about anyway? Can I even remove them? I'm on about the fitness apps like ticpulse and the like.

Soldato
I contacted Samsung support to see if the black galaxy watch active would be back in stock before the preorder deal ran out and she insisted it would be (and put me on an email alert list). 50 quid off, 70 quid trade in for my S2 and the free wireless battery pack make it seem like a good deal.....still not going for the rose gold though.

**Edit** back in stock and ordered for £109 with the battery pack offer.

Boom.

My bank balance hates you. :p

Soldato
Anyones S3 frontier watch measuring floors correctly?
Mine hasn't worked at all for several months. Assuming its a software fault as plenty of people are complaining about it but no solutions seem to be about.

Soldato
Got a galaxy active watch on order from china (eglobal)

Anyone know if smart pay works outside the region its procured from?
Sent mine back on Sunday, Too small compared to my huawei w1 , the heart rate monitor was very erratic. At one stage it got stuck at 114 and never moved even though my actual rate was 62 (did this several times, even after a reset). Finally, the Interface was not very intuitive compared to android wear too much reliance on the back button instead of swiping.

nam

nam

Soldato
very happy with my galaxy watch active in Silver got it on Friday and average over 2.5 days on battery life. I have not made any change settings apart from the watchface. Seems pretty accurate with sleep and the number of steps i am doing each day automatically compared to the Xiaomi Band i had before. No idea about the Blood pressure monitoring seems to be not available in the UK

Back
Top Bottom