The Division 2 - March 2019

Associate
Finished the 1st set of main missions and moved up a world tier. Game takes a massive leap in difficulty to solo at this point I am finding. Also my level 30 gold gear with loads of mod slots with +Armour% on are a worse gear score than whats dropping but is better. I have been told drops GS is linked to what GS you have equipped so I need to use worse gear to get better gear. It's very annoying.

Soldato
other player(s) will get a notification you sent a request.

But most likely no one will respond. If someone does respond they join your session and you become a group, so they can revive you and help you finish what you were doing.

Soldato
Folks, any tips on getting the game to run smoothly? I don't think my PC rig is struggling as my spec is decent but every so often it sort of lags a bit as I'm playing then speeds up and catches up.......any tips/tweaks?

Soldato
Folks, any tips on getting the game to run smoothly? I don't think my PC rig is struggling as my spec is decent but every so often it sort of lags a bit as I'm playing then speeds up and catches up.......any tips/tweaks?
Whats your pc spec and ress? If your on w10 could always try wth dx12 enabled and also make sure your gpu drivers are up to date.

Associate
Is this a bug?
Is there some graphic settings I can turn off to stop it?

it's like a flash bang that lasts forever.
2ep7q02.jpg
25sahc9.jpg

Associate
Intel Xeon 5650 @ 4.5Ghz. Asus 760GTX GPU and 16Gb Corsair Vengence RAM. I game at 1920x1080.

this will probably sound like a very silly question, but i assume you have an ssd? used to play division 1 from a mechanical hd and it would stutter and lag in places while trying to load areas but fine with ssd.

also, check your video settings. Full screen windowed gives me screen tear and some stuttering but full screen is fine.

other than that, as has already been mentioned, check your graphics card drivers are uptodate.

ps, to put it into context, i'm playing @1080 on an overclocked i7 920 and an r9 280 gpu and think i've let the game set the video settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
Intel Xeon 5650 @ 4.5Ghz. Asus 760GTX GPU and 16Gb Corsair Vengence RAM. I game at 1920x1080.
I'm running a i7 950, 12gb of ram and a Nitro 390 8gb gpu and I have no issues with the game at all. Also at 1080p

Make sure it's running full screen and not. Windowed mode and lower down some of the settings.

Edit, just went through all the previous posts to find this, maybe worth going through. Posted by Drollic.

Those looking for performance tweaks may find this useful.

The following Settings have very little impact of performance:

Sharpening, Particle Detail, Reflection Quality, Vegetation Quality, Sub-Surface Scattering, Depth of Field, Lens Flare, Vignette Effect, Water Quality, Chromatic Aberration, Projected Texture Resolution, High Resolution Sky Textures, and Terrain Quality. In all instances, these can all be set to High and you should notice no performance decrease (at most, 1 or 2 fps lost)

The following Settings have only a moderate impact on performance:

Shadow Quality, Contact Shadows, Parallax Mapping, Ambient Occlusion, and Extra Streaming Distance. This is primarily because of the fact they add a higher quality to your existing settings, and a layer of polish that makes The Division 2 stand out.

The following Settings have a heavy impact on performance:

Spot Shadows, Spot Shadow Resolution, Resolution Scale, Volumetric Fog, Local Reflection Quality, Anisotropic Filtering, Object Detail. All of these can significantly reduce performance, and all will see you gain significant fps if you tweak them.

Last edited:
Associate
Using DX12 and will crash at least once during the game. I know its about to crash as it goes from full screen to windowed then back to Uplay portal.
All settings maxed. Radeon 7 currently running at 970mV, power +20, memory at 1200MHz and left the clock at default.

Any room in the clan? will go on a list or is there another OCUK clan with space?

I’m getting this exact same problem. Is there any solution yet available other than dx11? I get much better frames with dx12.

Soldato
Game deffo getting harder in 20s.

Stats ramp up a lot between each level so having a weapon thats even only a few levels down will feel so weak now, I have not found a new M6 type LMG for a while e.g.

The effect is enemies are like damage sponges now, I have to empty an entire round just to take care of a single rusher e.g. I was doing pretty much nothing to an elite boss until I found a box of incediary rounds which thankfully took care of him.

Then you have the flame grenades which go through walls and have massive burn range (wtf?) and they definitely need to do something about those elites that can throw a grenade every second.

Enemies also now pretty much never just stay in cover in front of you anymore, they either just charge or do coordinated flanks all the time.

So staying in cover is pretty much a no go now unless you happy to be shot at from 3 sides whilst burning to death from a grenade, which is interesting as its claimed that division 2 was made to encourage you to stay in cover.

Back
Top Bottom