Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
So I ordered Perfumer's Choice Victor Eau De Toilette for £11 from Amazon and I must have got a good batch because it smells great and lasts the whole day. Been getting compliments all morning at work too. I tried CDNI a while back and although that was good smelling too it would last maybe an hour and fade very quickly.

Soldato
^

Maybe it fades to your nose due to olfactory fatigue, but it certainly shouldn't to others - CDNI has beast-mode performance compared to nearly everything else I have and that seems to be the case for most.

As regards to collecting, there are some people that have to have 'the full presentation' i.e. the original bottle etc but by virtue of having a large collection, you're rarely going to use any one frag regularly in which case getting into the decant game is a much better idea if you enjoy trying different fragrances or wearing different ones for different occasions or times of year, otherwise it can get very expensive very quickly if you end up sat in front of YouTube all day watching frag channels and making orders...

Soldato
Maybe it fades to your nose due to olfactory fatigue, but it certainly shouldn't to others - CDNI has beast-mode performance compared to nearly everything else I have and that seems to be the case for most.

Yeah that's what I originally thought too but other people couldn't smell it either. This was a while back and I remember reading that there were some bad batches. I may try it out again.

Associate
Anyone used Notino before? Ordered 100ml Creed Green Irish Tweed for £170, decent price but not that cheap where you start questioning whether it’s too good to be true.

Looking at reviews for the company there’s a lot of claims that people have received fakes from them, there’s also a load more positive reviews. I’ll just check the bottle against my original Vetiver direct from creed, just wondered if anyone else has experience of the site. Ta.

Soldato
Had a tester of Viktor Spicebomb, I think i'll pick that up as my final fragrance (literally bought 8 now, to last me a year - different one each day, with one reserved for posh occasions).

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Get the Extreme version. ;)

The weathers getting warmer now, Spicebomb is a winter frag. Maybe save your money until it starts getting cold again.

Soldato
Anyone used Notino before? Ordered 100ml Creed Green Irish Tweed for £170, decent price but not that cheap where you start questioning whether it’s too good to be true.

I use Notino all the time and they are totally legit (Recently bought 100ml Amouage Reflection Man for £105) . £170 for 100ml isn't that cheap. Its cheaper direct from France, I get my Creed from 'noseparis.com'. Which used to be much cheaper when the £ was stronger :(

https://noseparis.com/fr/green-irish-tweed

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Notino currently have a 15% off sale. But they've put the prices up of some fragrances but still a few decent deals to be had.

I've a little trick with Notino and managed to just buy Amouage Epic Man on the low (£115). You can add items to your basket when the prices are low and that price will keep, so when they put up the prices it doesn't affect you. I add stuff and wait for the discount code.

Associate
I use Notino all the time and they are totally legit (Recently bought 100ml Amouage Reflection Man for £105) . £170 for 100ml isn't that cheap. Its cheaper direct from France, I get my Creed from 'noseparis.com'. Which used to be much cheaper when the £ was stronger :(

https://noseparis.com/fr/green-irish-tweed

GIT arrived from Notino, smells nice and is definitely genuine.

Thanks for link, Aventus for £170 odd don’t mind if I do!

(.....Although may wait it out a few days as it looks like they only deliver Creed to the EU lol)

Soldato
Armaf Tres Nuit get picked up by the scanners at the airport Stansted im speaking about which means have to take your shoes off. I know this as I have been twice in last two weeks and the only difference was I had Armaf on I was wearing same clothing that always get me straight through in countless flights now.

Soldato
anyone looking for an awesome aqua summer scent needs to pick up Yves Saint Laurent Y edp. (Can be worn all year round tbh)

Just bought another bottle. It gets so many compliments where my other fragrances don’t. :)

Associate
Sauvage last's a flipping lifetime!
Just shows how fragrances vary from person to person then, because Sauvage (admittedly mine is the EDT) is the worst-lasting of the ones I've got. Put it on at 8am and by lunchtime, I can't smell it - doesn't happen with any of my others. A shame really as I love the smell, even though aficionados say it's far too common.

In the last week, I have a new favourite that's usurped the mighty Armani ADG Profumo ... Dolce & Gabbana's The One. Jesus, I love this stuff and can see why it gets the hype it does - it's rapidly become my daily go-to.

I know it's apparently a shadow of its former self, but I've also bought a bottle of YSL's La Nuit de l'Homme this morning - another heavily-hyped one that I'm curious to try.

Next on the list, when I can find a seller that isn't selling it at an overly-inflated price, is Chanel's Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, which again I've heard nothing but good things about.

So currently my collection consists of:
  • D&G - The One
  • Armani - ADG Profumo
  • Dior - Sauvage
  • Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
  • Creed - Aventus
  • Versace - Man Eau Fraich
  • Calvin Klein - Obsession
I will stop at some point, honest ... but damn, it's addictive - never been such a brand whore my entire life.

Back
Top Bottom