Audeze Mobius - Closed Planar magnetic headphone, gaming headset, head tracking, bluetooth and more!

Soldato
I’ve been looking for some gaming cans, and these might be it. My HD700 and Daart Canary are lovely, but I don’t find sound tracking in games very good, at all. Though perhaps I need to look at software / settings.

Don’t need a mic (have one on a boom), and 10 hour battery life is fine for me.

Will keep an eye on these I think.

Associate
Had a pair of these delivered this week. They are pretty darn wonderful! Havne't enjoyed listening to music this much in years. Blue ones by the way...of course!

Are you mad!!.... Its got to be copper for the win... Lol only joking... I treated myself to some of theses at Christmas... Not looked back or put another set of cans on my ears since.... Enjoy

Associate
So I bought some of these, unfortunately the left side isn’t producing sound. Only producing crackles. If I tap it somewhat sometimes the sound comes back.

Anyone had this issue?

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you mad!!.... Its got to be copper for the win... Lol only joking... I treated myself to some of theses at Christmas... Not looked back or put another set of cans on my ears since.... Enjoy

:) first 'proper' pair of headphones i've ever owned.

So I bought some of those, unfortunately the left side isn’t producing sound. Only producing crackles. If I tap it somewhat sometimes the sound comes back.

Anyone had this issue?

Return them. This is no good at all.

Associate
couple of quick questions - i picked up a set of these last night and am very impressed with them. The dolby atmos demos are frankly brilliant through these headphones. Much better than my HD5999 and the other VSS software solutions i have tried including waves own nx sofware.

what i have noticed however is that the audeze HQ software appears very small on my 4K tv - its so small i have to get up from my chair to read the options. Can the size of that screen be made bigger .

also i notice that when i switch through options ie hi rez to 2.1 to 7.1 the software becomes greyed out and the head tracking visuals grey out and i get a message on the HQ dashboard to say the USB device not connected. This then becomes active when i go back to 7.1

however when playing a game or netflix etc when i tab back to the HD software its again grayed out and i cant do anything with it. Even shutting the HQ software down and on again makes no difference. The HD software says that the headphone is not connected yet i still get the pc sound coming through as if the headset is connected.

i am using a 4.5 meter usb cable if that could be the issue.

i also assume that you do not have to change any properties in the pc sound options when using these headphones . for example on my sound options when i select the mobius headphone as the default option you cant change the number of channels as you can with other devices as it does not give you any options to do so.

what do people find the best preset for movies.

Soldato
My USB socket on mine has become loose and now drops out whilst wired (Which you need when VOIP) so the USB socket on the headphone isnt very robust. Will be returning these for fix or replacement. ;(

Soldato
So I bought some of these, unfortunately the left side isn’t producing sound. Only producing crackles. If I tap it somewhat sometimes the sound comes back.

Anyone had this issue?

Its funny, whenever I read a post about Audeze, it is normally less than 1 page, before I read something about quality problems...

Audeze do sound good, no doubt about that, but I wish they were more reliable.

Associate
So now my second pair have stopped producing sound... I cannot get anything from bluetooth or USB. Plus the mechanical voice you normally hear does not even exist anymore. Have I been really unlucky or do they just have really poor quality headphones?

Soldato
So now my second pair have stopped producing sound... I cannot get anything from bluetooth or USB. Plus the mechanical voice you normally hear does not even exist anymore. Have I been really unlucky or do they just have really poor quality headphones?

Is the firmware up to date?

That's incredibly unlucky if two sets are faulty. Where did you buy from?

Soldato

Check you didn't accidentally turn off charging via USB and they've gone flat completely. You using the original USB cable or swapped to 3rd party one? Try another cable as USB cables can go duff.

Associate
Just got mine yesterday, first impressions are that sound wise they are amazing! The microphone however seems a bit tricky...will need to tweak my settings.

I did upgrade its firmware to the latest version, came with 1.30 and now running 1.55.

Soldato
Where did you get firmware 1.55 I can't find this online and would like to try the 'warm' setting from the app.

All I can say so far is for gaming with the head tracking I did some metro 2034 last night and did get kinda spooked a few times with enemies behind me or a character shouting. Very good for positional audio.

For music even in the 3d mode or the hirez mode the bass from planar magnetic drivers is different to normal headphone drivers. I had Denon AH-D7100 which had sub bass and were initially a £999 headset. These entry level planars have more sub bass which was a shock to me. Very nice! Must be down to being 100mm transducers.

Wireless they seem to have decent audio stereo only with spotify and the music preset. I did some Dirt Rally 2.0 in this too and hit a best stage time first try as I was more in control of the car due to the directions and engine sounds being very distinct and separate.

If going wireless would using dolby atmos headphone help give back some of the 3d audio DSP from headtracking mode? I have a licence but have not tried it yet.

Back
Top Bottom