TV size - 10ft viewing distance

Associate
Hi guys, looking for some suggestions on what size TV to get with a viewing distance of 10ft. I was originally thinking 55 however I think I'd always be wishing I had gone bigger :D

The sofa is just over 10ft away from the wall and this is a mock up of the LG 65C8 which is one of the TV's i'm looking at. Too big, too small or the right size?

Also, any views on the LG C8 - Any other models I should be considering at this price point?

20190408-212602.jpg

Associate
OP
I’d be so tempted to use a projector instead. That walls made for it!

Ha that did cross my mind however the room opens out to a conservatory so there would be too much light during the day. Then it means having a pull down screen hidden in the ceiling and it gets rather costly. Definitely an option for the future though :D

Soldato
If you can't get a PJ, 65" would be fine, even bigger would be better, you would soon get used to it. I sit about 2 metres away from my 65C7 OLED and although a little jarring at first I soon got used to it and tbh kinda want bigger :p

Soldato
SD video may look a bit grotty on a 55" screen, but HD and 4K video should look fine. And consider an ultra-short-throw projector.

Here's Techmoan from 2015:

Associate
OP
I sit like 6ft away from a 65 inch.
I wouldn't want to go further way.

Where as other people I've shown the picture to think I'm crazy going as big as 65" :D lol. Trouble is the LGC8 77" in £5.5k which is crazy so I'll go 65" and see how I get on . Can always look into adding a projector for movies further down the line.

Soldato
I'd be thinking 75+.

I have a 65 incher and it doesn't feel that big at all and I'm way less than 10 ft away...

I'd rather grab an ultra sized TV over a projector if you can find one just because I love the convienance of a TV. Also most PJs at a decent price range aren't offering 4k whilst you can find some big ass lower end TVs still offering it.

Associate
Hard to believe how cheap the 77" OLED's are now

Sure it was only last year I was watching a pana 77" OLED in a local shop and the price was over £15,000 (Can't remember if this was in 2017 or 2018)

Indeed.

I paid the best part of 25k each for my LG G6's, now a better TV can be had for under 6k, all in the space of a few years.

Back
Top Bottom