F1 2019 - News & Rumours

Soldato
If true then that could trigger Red Bull to sell and exit the sport. I doubt that Mercedes would secure him for 2020 though - more likely 2021 when all the top drivers are out of contract due to the rule changes. Mercedes themselves are not committed beyond 2020 at the moment.

I wonder what Ocon's feeling now. He's going to have to get used to this all season.
Bottas is out of contract at the end of this year, Hamilton end of next year. I can't see them leaving it until 2021 in case Hamilton ups and quits.

I really do feel for Ocon though. He's going to end up in a Williams at this rate.

Lewis vs. Max in the same car. Who wouldn't want to see that?

Exactly, it'd be great! Could end up being another Leclerc vs Vettel :D

Soldato
OP
Here's food for thought, what if Lewis is planning to retire end of the season? Do you really think Merc would bring in Verstappen who would disrupt the status quo?

Can only see this as a reason they are looking to get Max in.

Caporegime
They also have George Russell waiting in the wings too. I'd imagine their ideal situation is Verstappen and one of those mentioned, but three into two doesn't go and I'm quite sure Max will be expecting a seat and Ocon has probably been promised a seat there next year too. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Mercedes come July/August time!

Ocon is only 22 so could easily still be at Mercedes in some capacity in 2-3 years time. Russell is 21 and Max is only 21 as well. Max could stay at Red Bull until the end of 2020, sign for Mercedes for 3 years and join Ferrari and still only be 29! They have time on their side but, of course want to be in a works team with a chance of winning.

Caporegime
They also have George Russell waiting in the wings too. I'd imagine their ideal situation is Verstappen and one of those mentioned, but three into two doesn't go and I'm quite sure Max will be expecting a seat and Ocon has probably been promised a seat there next year too. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Mercedes come July/August time!

I hate to say it, but I think Ocon's time in F1 has already passed. Mercedes won't give him a seat next year, no-one else wants him. He was decent last season but not spectacular, and that just wasn't enough for him.

Caporegime
Food for thought is the rumour that Lewis wants a go at MotoGP.
Andi.
I can't see it TBH. He'd take years to get up to speed. He might fancy a year or two at Maranello and then perhaps a Le mans 24 hour attempt. Alonso, Button Hamilton Super team? That would certainly generate a lot of interest and if the new Hypercar regulations go ahead then they could use a McLaren Senna or Speedtail.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I wouldn’t have Max in Merc or Ferrari until he grows up and stops blaming everyone else for his crashes.

The Massa syndrome, if you will.

Man of Honour
Lewis will do some PR work on MotoGP bikes due to mutual sponsors and a keen interest, but nothing beyond that. He's handy on a bike, but that's it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

hamilton crashed into massa most of the time...
Doesn’t matter who crashed in to Massa OR who caused the crash, Massa never admitted fault.

Same with Max. He’s had a number of tangles with other drivers (including his team mate) and tried to claim it’s always the other man.

Let’s not forget the Ocon incident where he threatened to head butt a journalist for asking one too many a question :D:D

Soldato
Doesn’t matter who crashed in to Massa OR who caused the crash, Massa never admitted fault.

Same with Max. He’s had a number of tangles with other drivers (including his team mate) and tried to claim it’s always the other man.

Let’s not forget the Ocon incident where he threatened to head butt a journalist for asking one too many a question :D:D

that was Ocon's fault and the other major incident was also Riccardo's fault

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

that was Ocon's fault and the other major incident was also Riccardo's fault
What? Ocon’s fault that Max threatened to head butt a journalist? Interesting concept.

You’re focusing on my examples and not my point. Never mind.

Back
Top Bottom