*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Soldato
Just passed!, now to get the bike insured and get riding.

Grats mate! I’ve put mine off for a while so time to book it in I think and give myself plenty of time to get it done this year. I would ideally like to have a new bike on the road come summer time.

Put off doing my A2-A for long enough now, royal pain in the ass but it is what it is I guess. I just got unlucky.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Get the test done sooner, or you’ll get stuck in the queue of summer riders.

That way the only hold up is your own, not a 2 month wait between mod 1 and 2 because Johnny Fairweather and his mates nab all the spaces.

Soldato
Get the test done sooner, or you’ll get stuck in the queue of summer riders.

That way the only hold up is your own, not a 2 month wait between mod 1 and 2 because Johnny Fairweather and his mates nab all the spaces.

Oh my god, the queues.

I had to wait six weeks between mod 1 and mod 2 because of exactly this.

Soldato
If my driving license has "A" on the back, does that mean I can ride any bike? I am confused...

Scratch that, it has 79(3) at the end, meaning only three wheelers!
It will have A on the back as a provisional and it should have the year in which you’ll have to give up riding next to it.

How old are you?

Soldato
I'm 36 and been driving for 19 years.

I've been thinking about ridiing a motorbike for a few years and im finally doing something about it.

I've bought some gloves x2, helmet and boots and booked my theory which is on the 23rd April.

Its got to the point where if i dont do it sooner then I may not do it at all.

Soldato
Hehe. It's funny you mention that.

I nearly did do it when i was younger and at college but i got a car instead. It's something I feel I need to do and want to do before I get to old.

But Yeah, i should have done it years ago, in fact there is a fair bit I should have done And shouldn't have :D;)

Transmission breaker
Don
Got my Mod2 on Friday.
Did my Mod1 last week, passed with 1 minor.
Just hoping I can nail the Mod2 now. Would be great to ditch the L-plates!

I am 36 also... 36 is the new mid-life crisis it seems :D

Soldato
Got my Mod2 on Friday.
Did my Mod1 last week, passed with 1 minor.
Just hoping I can nail the Mod2 now. Would be great to ditch the L-plates!

I am 36 also... 36 is the new mid-life crisis it seems :D

Good luck and try to relax as much as possible (easy to say i know), i was lucky, or unlucky as i was really not well the days before my mod 2 and i had almost no sleep the night before so i was almost sure i would fail my second attempt so i went into it with no real expectation of passing and was really relaxed about it but it all worked out great and i was done before i knew it and pretty much knew i had passed without and major mistakes.

I thought about a bike for years but then i would think with me not being a car driver and having no driving experience that it was probably a bit out of my reach, also i thought you had to jump through hoops in order to get your full license so that put me off as well and i would forget about it for another while.

I think in the back of my mind with me turning 40 and having some spare time and money saved up i figured if i didn't do it now i probably never would, also giving up alcohol helped a lot as that just killed any desire to do anything and yes, i was cursing myself for not doing it in my 20's.

Really looking forward to the warmer summer weather and getting plenty of miles under my belt although just the last short while with it being sunny and dry it's been great fun cruising around all over the place.

Good luck to everyone, it's really not as hard as you may think.

Soldato
Soldato

I used their one that includes the Hazard Perception Test...
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deepriverdev.motorcycle.hpt
Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/motorcycle-theory-test-hazard/id600089803?mt=8

Strangely it has more videos for iPhone than Android...but anyway, I found it to be a very handy app.

Back
Top Bottom