Formula Boinc 2019 - interested ?

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
I understand, I expect there will be a few I won't be doing either but I had planned on running WCG next week after this sprint was over so have brought those plans forward :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
Zika is probably the best for credit especially if on linux.
MCM is quorum 2 so could mean doing work that won't get completed by your wingman in time.
FAH2 are longer work units so probably don't want to be doing those on the last day.

Having said all that I am running MCM almost exclusively and will be for the duration.

It is unlikely we would get any points from the sprint for this project anyway given the much larger output by other teams not even interested in FB.
Run what you want would be my advice :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
Well it has been slow progress but with less than an hour to the finish we are only 3,395 points away from jumping up the ranks :D

Soldato
Next Sprint is today! 5pm our time: RAKESEARCH 11/4/19 16:00 (UTC) to 14/04/2019 15:59 (UTC)

In case it is either Acoustics or RakeSearch you should have installed the optimised apps (courtesy of [B@P]Daniel), download links and forum threads...

https://github.com/sirzooro/Acoustics-at-home/releases
http://www.acousticsathome.ru/boinc/forum_thread.php?id=66#313

https://github.com/sirzooro/RakeSearch/releases
https://rake.boincfast.ru/rakesearch/forum_thread.php?id=39

A newer version (v1.1) of RakeSearch was released February this year.

You need to find and download the appropriate release for your CPU/OS.
You need to restart Boinc after you've copied the necessary files into the project directory in order for them to be recognised by Boinc.

I got caught short with this one and only released just now the sprint is today, switching over now.
Hopefully we can make it into the points this time.

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
Next Sprint is today! 5pm our time: RAKESEARCH 11/4/19 16:00 (UTC) to 14/04/2019 15:59 (UTC)

I got caught short with this one and only released just now the sprint is today, switching over now.
TeamViewer has been having problems so only got a couple of machines done last night, couldn't get in at all this morning but I think I have now got all machines on it except one which last reported in to a project at 11am this morning. That machine won't get restarted till I get back home on Saturday.

Haven't bunkered any apart form all those being bunkered by someone else, which is still a fair bit of what I've managed to do.

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP

TeamViewer has been having problems so only got a couple of machines done last night, couldn't get in at all this morning but I think I have now got all machines on it except one which last reported in to a project at 11am this morning. That machine won't get restarted till I get back home on Saturday.

Haven't bunkered any apart form all those being bunkered by someone else, which is still a fair bit of what I've managed to do.

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
Agreed it is better but Universe is doing well on this sprint !

I saw we got to 10th and then 9th place last night, this morning up into 8th place but had started dropping back.
Spent a while chasing WUs to get production going but can't sit and watch today, hope the worst is over and it manages to cope.
Wonder if any one feels brave to drop a bunker on Sunday :D

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
An update from the last sprint, we finished in 9th position to collect 2 points :)
Had been waiting for them to issue final stats but they never did, the ones shown at FB are from a couple of hours before the end :(
Noticed @Biffa had popped up and helped the team out and himself to 8 new badges :D

The next sprint is announced tonight at 9pm local time (20:00 UTC).
Hopefully it will be able to stand up to the attention FB brings :eek:

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
Yes, primarily GPU and even Primegrid is struggling to supply demand...

24/04/2019 21:06:24 | PrimeGrid | Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
24/04/2019 21:06:24 | PrimeGrid | Requesting new tasks for NVIDIA GPU
24/04/2019 21:06:25 | PrimeGrid | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks

:(

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
Primegrid are also limiting number of tasks allowed to 100, presumably to stop problems their end.
No idea when they will lift that embargo to get a decent cache for a bunker without having to falsify the number of GPUs present.

Back
Top Bottom