TV size - 10ft viewing distance

Associate
thing is tho , most supersized tv's in country are always going to be expensive because the majority of homes can't accommodate them . i have 65 inch in the main living area but i could go to 85 and it still look fine , but i also have a dedicated cinema room , i would never consider having a projector for main viewing .:)

Soldato
... 65" prices should be dropping with the new v10 oled factories online, with bigger mother glass sheets, like the 55" already did,
so maybe good to hold, and once the oled prices drops the (overpriced?) large qled will be forced to fold too.

... with the near edgless designs, and, if you had a high end multimedia PC, could you mounts two 55's portrait ?

Soldato
I can't even get £50 2nd hand for my £1800 42" panny plasma that i'm trying to shift!! ( 10 years old right enough)

Wow, that’s a shame - is it a PZ80? I’ve had 2 Panasonic plasmas of that era and they’re fantastic sets. My 50” V20 is still going strong and has finally been wall mounted in its new home!

Soldato
Wow, that’s a shame - is it a PZ80? I’ve had 2 Panasonic plasmas of that era and they’re fantastic sets. My 50” V20 is still going strong and has finally been wall mounted in its new home!

PX70 - no option to wall mount - Got £75 for it in the end, including the stand ! Great TV -

Associate
I'm about 10 ft from a 65 inch room is 12x12 i wont be going bigger it's plenty big enough , when i first got it thought it was too big and was considering sending it back :p

Soldato
I'm about 10 ft from a 65 inch room is 12x12 i wont be going bigger it's plenty big enough , when i first got it thought it was too big and was considering sending it back :p
The problem with going bigger is it not that the screen is to big it that it over powers the room to much and specially if you also have extra speakers either side of it....

I have my 65" in my 9 x 12 room

Soldato
Any other models I should be considering at this price point?
65" Wallpaper TV would look great on that wall ;)
(It may cost more but it maybe well worth the extra outlay)

See anttielei pictures from AVforum for a nice clean setup ( Sometimes i wish I went for the wallpaper TV myself for a beautiful clean setup like this :( )
Found it hard to find a suitable stand that would complement the slimness of wallpaper TV while still being able to fit in all the devices nicely. Literally, 7,90€ Lack benches from IKEA did the job perfectly.
w7_1-jpg.1119790

w7_2-jpg.1119791

Last edited:
Soldato
65" Wallpaper TV would look great on that wall ;)
(It may cost more but it maybe well worth the extra outlay)

See anttielei pictures from AVforum for a nice clean setup ( Sometimes i wish I went for the wallpaper TV myself for a beautiful clean setup like this :( )
Actually after reading up owners views on the wallpaper TV I would not recommend it due to the sound system it comes with is meant to be pretty weak sounding and very hard or impossible to upgrade

Back
Top Bottom