• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
I take it you used paste and not the pad ?

When I reseated I noticed I had a good covering on the dye the first time so not sure what's wrong.
Have you got washers on the cross gpu things screws? My block needed little riser washers to get some hefty grip, i almost didnt put the cross back on the back and used the block screws
and hate to ask but is there a plastic peel off sheet that needs to be removed from the water block plate?

Soldato
Have you got washers on the cross gpu things screws? My block needed little riser washers to get some hefty grip, i almost didnt put the cross back on the back and used the block screws
and hate to ask but is there a plastic peel off sheet that needs to be removed from the water block plate?

Yes, They all require the washers according to the instructions, I also checked again when reseating that there was no peel off on it.

Associate
what I observed with the bykski block was the flow rate over the EK block, looking in the inlet and outlet ports on the bykski block they were much bigger. the EK block was like slits in the ports, bykski were a lot more open offering better flow.
for the money the bykski block looks the better deal, cant say for other brands but some are slow to market. also temps are set up dependant as well, rads used, layout ect. room temp they all play a part in over all temps.
seeing a variance in peoples setups is quite normal.

Absolutely amazing block , so much better, cheaper and with more accessories than the ek block i bought for my vega 64

my VII is in the members market with bykski block already fitted.

Soldato
what I observed with the bykski block was the flow rate over the EK block, looking in the inlet and outlet ports on the bykski block they were much bigger. the EK block was like slits in the ports, bykski were a lot more open offering better flow.
for the money the bykski block looks the better deal, cant say for other brands but some are slow to market. also temps are set up dependant as well, rads used, layout ect. room temp they all play a part in over all temps.
seeing a variance in peoples setups is quite normal.

my VII is in the members market with bykski block already fitted.
If I hadn't bought one at launch I would be all over your one like ants on a jam sandwich

Associate
I got my VII under water last weekend (EK block came instead of the haribo order from OC, thanks) and saw a drop between 30 to 50 C from its core temps although pushing it with an overclock approaching 2200 core, 1200 hbm I saw the JT breach 100C. This is nowhere near the 114C peak I saw a lot from pre mod.

@Illuminist (how you doing?) saw your post about the original cross bracket on the back…I’ll have to give that a try to see what temps I get but it’s pretty good without it.
Using MX-4 compound for the first time. It comes with a wipe to prep the block contacts. I spread the compound evenly over the whole gpu instead of the normal cross method suggested.

Unfortunately, too much travelling to have the fun/tinkering with it as you guys ☹ but over the Easter weekend I’ll get a chance to fit a new pump and res. plus the original bracket and I'll see what it can do.

TOybt1R.jpg
Iac03gK.jpg

Associate
Could it be that there is a dedicated IN and OUT on the block or radiator that are not the correct way round?

there is a dedicated in and out on the block for sure, rads it don't matter. looking at first pic above, in is to the left, out to the right, same on bykski block, and the cross on back of card should be there. it keeps the core and hbm2 from cracking.

Soldato
I got my VII under water last weekend (EK block came instead of the haribo order from OC, thanks) and saw a drop between 30 to 50 C from its core temps although pushing it with an overclock approaching 2200 core, 1200 hbm I saw the JT breach 100C. This is nowhere near the 114C peak I saw a lot from pre mod.

@Illuminist (how you doing?) saw your post about the original cross bracket on the back…I’ll have to give that a try to see what temps I get but it’s pretty good without it.
Using MX-4 compound for the first time. It comes with a wipe to prep the block contacts. I spread the compound evenly over the whole gpu instead of the normal cross method suggested.

Unfortunately, too much travelling to have the fun/tinkering with it as you guys ☹ but over the Easter weekend I’ll get a chance to fit a new pump and res. plus the original bracket and I'll see what it can do.

TOybt1R.jpg
Iac03gK.jpg
Hello there, I'm doing great with the card under water.what stable settings do you have at your best speeds?
Should maybe keeo the cross bracket on as matt suggests

Associate
@Illuminist, unfortunately I'm not with the box this week, but from memory I was taking the voltage to 1180mv.
One thing I noticed that using the boost would make it unstable with any overclock above 2050 on core 1200 hbm, so I left that at zero.
By default my voltage pre mod was approx 1075mv.
I'll post a better breakdown next weekend.

Soldato
@Illuminist, unfortunately I'm not with the box this week, but from memory I was taking the voltage to 1180mv.
One thing I noticed that using the boost would make it unstable with any overclock above 2050 on core 1200 hbm, so I left that at zero.
By default my voltage pre mod was approx 1075mv.
I'll post a better breakdown next weekend.
When you say the boost, do you mean the power limit?

Soldato
Well you have cheap Gas (petrol) we don't :)

More like the lack of pavements (Sidewalks) to actually use and that everything is so far away. If you take public transport (the bus) you are considered a low-life lol. (So weird, totally different to the UK)

Keep up the pic and perf stuff... I am beginning to think I should have bought one.

Soldato
More like the lack of pavements (Sidewalks) to actually use and that everything is so far away. If you take public transport (the bus) you are considered a low-life lol. (So weird, totally different to the UK)

Keep up the pic and perf stuff... I am beginning to think I should have bought one.
I walked to the post office like I said because its 1 minute from my house :)

Back
Top Bottom