Spec me some smart casual shoes/trainers

Soldato
I need a pair of shoes / trainers which can be worn with trousers an d a short sleeve shirt to be smart casual, or with jeans or maybe shorts to be more casual.

Of course the look of such things is very much down to taste, but I thought it might be worth checking for recommendations on shoes people have found to be particularly comfortable, as that's very important to me and you can't really tell from a quick shuffle around a shop, never mind if I buy online.

As a reference, the last shoes I had to fulfil this brief were these:
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0731CVKKX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found them to be really comfy, but the soles wore out quite quickly (although that might just be because I wore them constantly). As an indicator of that, I only bought them last June.

Soldato
If you are looking for more of a trainer I would suggest maybe looking at the Asics Gel Lyte models. They tend to do a lot more muted and less flashy colourways if thats what you are looking for.
Gel Lyte III are my favourites I have a few pairs.

Soldato
Have a look at Lonsdale. I bought a pair for the gym, cycling and general casual wear last year. They've lasted very well, were sensibly priced and not too flashy looking.

Caporegime
I need a pair of shoes / trainers which can be worn with trousers an d a short sleeve shirt to be smart casual, or with jeans or maybe shorts to be more casual.

Why do you need a single pair to do that? Is there some reason why you can't buy/use two or more pairs of shoes?

The shoes I'd wear with trousers I'd probably not wear with shorts and vice versa.

Caporegime
Assuming you mean brogues, this is a good shout. I have a couple of pairs of brogues that work well either with a suit or more casually with jeans. They wouldn't work with shorts though.
Lol ok, well my brougers are a trainer brogue hybrid. Snazzy at the gym or as the top revenue earner, by a big margin, at the telesales office.

Soldato
I'd suggest something like the Clarks desert boot, can be dressed up or down very easily.

I got tonnes of wear out of my leather ones other the autumn and winter, or you could go suede if you want something a bit lighter.

Man of Honour
47671456431_6d72f64b1a_h.jpg

Back in the day...

...for a period of about 3 months....

...the GOD trainers.

You can dream, these are the Glengarry trainers and these trainers are for closers.

Back
Top Bottom