Caporegime
Nice, enjoy!! :cool:

Cheers m8! :D

EDIT:

Quick Pic :-

20180717_162239.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like you're enjoying your new purchase LoadsaMoney. Good to hear.

I used to have issues with my old Samsung S27a750d with both Amd and to a lesser extent nvidia. Though I'm not having any issues with my gtx 1080 it would be interesting to try my current CF791 with Vega but can't afford that just to satisfy curiosity!

Caporegime
Sounds like you're enjoying your new purchase LoadsaMoney. Good to hear.

I used to have issues with my old Samsung S27a750d with both Amd and to a lesser extent nvidia. Though I'm not having any issues with my gtx 1080 it would be interesting to try my current CF791 with Vega but can't afford that just to satisfy curiosity!

Yeah im really enjoying it, lovely looking screen, and my 64s handling it great, and ive not had any issues (so far). :)

Caporegime
Anyone had any probs gettting DOOM and Wolfie New Colo. into 3440x1440 ?

Both Vulkan games, and both just won't have it, as i change to 21:9 3440x1440 and hit apply, screen goes black to make the change, then couple of seconds later, rig just restarts, and i get the Windows has recovered from unexpected shutdown error jobbie.

Had a Google, and it seems im not alone, found a possible fix, right click the game.exe, and compatability tab, Override DPI Scaling setting, but i don't have a compatability tab :confused:

Tried Woflie New Col. again, this time going Window mode, instead of Full Screen, and that worked, so tried changing from there to Full, but got the same as above.

Going to try Borderless, seen as Windowed worked.

EDIT:

I found the compatability tab, it was the game.exe in the games folder, inside the SteamApps, but doesn't work either, game boots up in 3440x1440 window mode, but asks to set brightness again, when i do that and apply, says please wait saving profile, and thats it, just sits there, doesn't crash or owt, as i can still move mouse about, have to Task Manager kill it, so reversed the setting, but the game stays the same, so ive ****** it. :p :(

Tried DOOM in borderless 3440x1440 (as didn't try its DPI Setting in its compatability tab), but that does the same as Full Screen, goes black like its doing the change, then couple secs later, restarts, Windows Has Recovered Unexpected Shutdown job.

EDIT:

Even Fear 1 n 2 work, they look great in wide as well :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Looking forward to ordering and picking up the LG 34UC88-B in the next week or so :D
I've got this monitor it's cracking. I could never go back to a normal aspect ratio. From memory I had to enable freesync in the monitor menu then go into windows install the LG software and then tell windows to sync at 75hz.

Caporegime
I've got this monitor it's cracking. I could never go back to a normal aspect ratio. From memory I had to enable freesync in the monitor menu then go into windows install the LG software and then tell windows to sync at 75hz.
I've loved every second of using it. I've only used it for general use and productivity really so far. But building a PC this year should see me gaming in 21:9 - looking forward to that :)

It's been a genuinely excellent monitor.

Caporegime
Anyone had any probs gettting DOOM and Wolfie New Colo. into 3440x1440 ?

Both Vulkan games, and both just won't have it, as i change to 21:9 3440x1440 and hit apply, screen goes black to make the change, then couple of seconds later, rig just restarts, and i get the Windows has recovered from unexpected shutdown error jobbie.

Had a Google, and it seems im not alone, found a possible fix, right click the game.exe, and compatability tab, Override DPI Scaling setting, but i don't have a compatability tab :confused:

Tried Woflie New Col. again, this time going Window mode, instead of Full Screen, and that worked, so tried changing from there to Full, but got the same as above.

Going to try Borderless, seen as Windowed worked.

EDIT:

I found the compatability tab, it was the game.exe in the games folder, inside the SteamApps, but doesn't work either, game boots up in 3440x1440 window mode, but asks to set brightness again, when i do that and apply, says please wait saving profile, and thats it, just sits there, doesn't crash or owt, as i can still move mouse about, have to Task Manager kill it, so reversed the setting, but the game stays the same, so ive ****** it. :p :(

Tried DOOM in borderless 3440x1440 (as didn't try its DPI Setting in its compatability tab), but that does the same as Full Screen, goes black like its doing the change, then couple secs later, restarts, Windows Has Recovered Unexpected Shutdown job.

EDIT:

Even Fear 1 n 2 work, they look great in wide as well :cool:

An update of my drivers sorted Wolfie and DOOM. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone got a ultrawide with a vega56?
Wondered how this holds out and if to make the upgrade. (Have with i7 2600k)

Around 1k to spend. If I spend it on parts I would still have my 22inch 1080p so wondering if the screen would Be good upgrade until next generation of parts come out. Or would I just cripple my system and not be able to enjoy it?
The new LG looks tempting though just short of 1k so a lot of dollar

Soldato
I've got the V64 and I'm usually sitting around 100fps (3440x1440 - usually on High) - some more recent games are dropping me as low as 50-60 so I mix High and Mid settings.

Back
Top Bottom