Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Winterfell was built by Bran the builder so it is protected by the same magic that was in the wall

So providing the Night King doesn't use his Zombie Ice Dragon (plot reasons he won't) Winterfell is the best place for them to fight :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
I can't really see how there can be a retreat from winterfell to kings landing... They wouldn't be able to outrun the army of dead, an enemy that supposedly ''never tires". Only resolution I can see is that the battle of winterfell is won but at great loss with the majority of the troops killed. I fully expect the twist that the NK has taken his dragon and maybe a few WW to KL where he will ultimately be defeated by Cerci (wildfire) potentially with the help of Dani or Jon showing up on a dragon. No idea how they will get the non-dragon riding characters that survive Winterfell back to KL to wrap up Cerci's death and the mountain/hound plot so maybe all characters have to retreat to Dragonstone via ships etc.

They could plan a retreat to Harrenhal (can't remember whose currently occupying it!) which, due to it's size, would be much easier to defend than Winterfell. But unless there is a mass-evacuation south then the WW will have amassed a huge army by then.

[edit] ignore that then, just read the post above mine about the magical protection :)

Soldato
They could plan a retreat to Harrenhal (can't remember whose currently occupying it!) which, due to it's size, would be much easier to defend than Winterfell. But unless there is a mass-evacuation south then the WW will have amassed a huge army by then.

[edit] ignore that then, just read the post above mine about the magical protection :)
Harrenhall is far too far south, far easier to defend the Neck/Moat Cailin if it came to that, (still in Westeros terms that's at least a 700 mile journey).

Soldato
It sounds like Cersei's plan is to use her army to mop-up after the battle at Winterfell. It may be that the NK heads straight south and she ends up fighting the battle for the north? As far as I can remember we have only seen one dead walker in the south, the one they took to show Cersei. As such we don't know how well they actually do in the warm? I know the long winters go on for years, but do they extend that far south?

Have to agree, there were some very dark scenes, my ole 1080p LCD was struggling a bit. Dunno if local dimming helps, like you get on the newer stuff.

Unfortunately, I heard Kit Harrington joking about filming 55 night shoots in a row, so I suspect we have more dark scenes to come:(

Soldato
Sophie Turner can't act but this is just :confused::confused::confused::confused: Is it sexist of me to wonder about women/girls that use the p-word?

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...maisie-williams-instagram-sansa-a8882086.html

Yes.

Here's the video of what Sophie said: https://twitter.com/___daenerys__/status/1120357738226298880

Also, not sure about the not being able to act thing, i've only ever seen her play Sansa who (until recently) was mostly a whiny stuck up little girl and she did the part very well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bet the episode is spoilt by being too dark, especially if that trailers anything to go by.

It took me three viewings of the battle of blackwater to work out exactly what happened!
+1

Watching the trailer of episode 3 and I could hardly make anything out.

With previous dark episodes I've tried adjusting the brightness and contrast but instead of a big dark blur, I just get a big light blur…

I half-joked to my wife that we needed a new TV so that we could watch it properly but the suggestion didn't go down too well. :D

Soldato
Still think they are going to chop Bran's arm off and leave it somewhere as a trap, since it is the bit with the NK mark. Jamie gave it a knowing look when he showed it in the meeting.

Although I do also subscribe to the NK making a beeline to Kings Landing theory, rather than being at the battle at Winterfell. My guess is it will take 2 episodes to resolve that battle, with midpoint being Winterfell being brought to the brink of defeat, and the last half hour of the second episode being some last stand in the godswood where the White Walkers are dispatched somehow, and all the wights in reasonable proximity drop. Then someone will pipe up "But, where is the Night King? I would have thought he would have turned up". Cut to Kings Landing where NK begins laying waste to the Golden Company etc, on his dragon. Then back to Winterfell where everyone who is still alive and can fit on a couple of dragons will dash down for a final one on one in the last episode.

Soldato
LOL, since when was pussy a word that is or can never be said by women? Don't be such a prude. :)
Ha. I know. I'm a heathen. I just don't want to be in a world where everyone acts and sounds like Cardi B :(

Also, I've not seen any problems with dark scenes (although I didn't watch the ep3 trailer) *pats trusty Panasonic plasma*

Permabanned
I just don't want to be in a world where everyone acts and sounds like Cardi B :(

Pussy being slangfully pronounced that way goes back 30+ years, e.g. I remember it in one of the Def Jam-related films in the 80s (altho I watched them in the early 00s...). However, Sophie was clearly saying it somewhat tongue-in-cheekly IMO.

Soldato
heh I was thinking maybe there was something up with my youtube when I watched the trailer glad to know I'm not the only one who thought it was way way way too dark to see anything

Associate
Wondering if any of the known dead (in the north obv) will make a appearance during the upcoming battle, thinking Stannis, Hodor and Summer, i dont recall anyone going back to burn them.

Back
Top Bottom