*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Caporegime
I used to but I switched to using a large terracotta saucer. The temps stay just as stable but I don't burn anywhere near as much fuel as I did when using water.

The seam form the water is supposed to help with the production of smoke and then helps it stick to the meat

Caporegime
Fillet it, take the skin off.

Cover it in dry brine 80-20 of brown sugar and salt leave it in the fridge for a day.

Then Rinse it all off leave it out in the open for 2hrs till the flesh gets hardness to it, then a smoke for 1.5-2 hrs at 150c :)

Don;t need to take the skin off, just put the salmon pieces skin side down on some brown paper. Once cooked you just peel it right off.

Soldato
Interesting, looks like it might be quite capable, not sure how long those racks will last though.

I noticed my weber performer has a small hole in the side now after about 9 years, I don't expect the bowl to last much longer now so I've gone an ordered the new mastertouch premium with the hinged lid and indirect deflection plate. Really wanted a summit, but those prices..
I'm starting to think I should have got a standard mastertouch, but we'll see..
I would love a summit charcoal too. Can never see any second hand anywhere, which I guess is a sign they are that good. Anyone on here have one?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Don;t need to take the skin off, just put the salmon pieces skin side down on some brown paper. Once cooked you just peel it right off.

The skin has a layer of fat under neath that leaves a different taste to the rest of the fish though which is why i prefer to remove it. Not bad just different.

-----

As for a barbicue get a kamado style :)

Soldato
The seam form the water is supposed to help with the production of smoke and then helps it stick to the meat

Interesting to know but to my uneducated palate, I didn't notice any difference between the two flavour wise, however for me a saucer was easier for control and clean up.

Really pleased with my St Louis ribs at the weekend. I've also managed to convince the missus to go halves with me on a Fireboard so we can enjoy more meat over the summer!

chzI7T4l.jpg

Soldato
Interesting to know but to my uneducated palate, I didn't notice any difference between the two flavour wise, however for me a saucer was easier for control and clean up.

Really pleased with my St Louis ribs at the weekend. I've also managed to convince the missus to go halves with me on a Fireboard so we can enjoy more meat over the summer!

chzI7T4l.jpg
Blimey those look meaty!

Soldato
Would quite like a thermom linked to an app but my Thermopro TP-08 is still working great.

Has anyone come up with a workaround for one of those clips to hold the ambient temperature probe in place? Mine ends up flying around the place but I'm to stingy to fork out a fiver for a small bit of metal like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ambient-Te...er+probe+clip&qid=1555328063&s=gateway&sr=8-8

Simplest and cheapest replacement is a ball of foil scrunched up and stuffed into the grill, then shove the probe through it.

Soldato
Simplest and cheapest replacement is a ball of foil scrunched up and stuffed into the grill, then shove the probe through it.

Cheers, that's a really good idea. I actually sent off for a new ambient probe as the seller says they'll replace any that go wrong, and mine was giving dodgy readings, and without prompting they sent a clip with it!

My Joe arrived today! Unfortunately the weather is atrocious so I probably won't get to use it for a few days.

Awesome! Weather is no excuse, put an umbrella up and get cooking.

Back
Top Bottom