Just spent £3k on suspension...

Soldato
Adjustable coilovers are the way to go.
? do you stop before the speedbump and wind them up and stop after speedbumps and wide them down? :D

bags is the way to go.

speedbumps are pointless tho, especially silly ones! my girlfriends mum lives in a retirement place and the speedbumps are beyond ridiculous. My s2000 would never go over them, even my lexus which is on standard suspension has touched the bottom a few times.

Man of Honour
? do you stop before the speedbump and wind them up and stop after speedbumps and wide them down? :D

bags is the way to go.

speedbumps are pointless tho, especially silly ones! my girlfriends mum lives in a retirement place and the speedbumps are beyond ridiculous. My s2000 would never go over them, even my lexus which is on standard suspension has touched the bottom a few times.

Some near where I work that colleagues have touched on them in stock cars while in my pickup it is like "have I gone over them yet?". I see more badly designed ones than effective ones though.

On the road rather than track I don't see the attraction of lowering I like having as good visibility as I can.

Soldato
Speed bumps are a stupid idea like. I'd get smashed to bits going over them in my mini or mgb at 10mph, while big stuff would just power over them, not even slowing.

Caporegime
Spent £150 on lowering his £1500 Passat and scrapes slightly going over 4" speedbumps.

All numbers suitably engorged so that it makes a fantastic news story, daily fail style.

Associate
I agree the car doesn't look very lowered and also the speed bumps don't look particularly high, wouldn't have thought it even scrapes. £5000 on insurance - who would ever pay that to drive a Passat

Soldato
It's not even that low... And I don't think it's even possible to spend 3K on suspension on an old passat unless you fit really good air ride, which if he had, he wouldn't have this problem.

He's talking ****.

yes even Ohlins dont cost that much and doubt you can get get really good coilovers/lowering springs for that car anyway..........i lowered the Jazz too much but simply raised it an inch, but yes speed bumps will still cause the tyres to rub every time, i try to go over them at an angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12zAERC0KA0

Soldato
yes even Ohlins dont cost that much and doubt you can get get really good coilovers/lowering springs for that car anyway...

Probably not. Most places don't seem to make the high end stuff for barges like a Passat. There isn't any point.

Soldato
Why would it ever cost that much in the first place.
Young driver, modified car, Ireland

The average cost of insurance in Ireland is near enough twice that of the UK to start with and young drivers with modified cars aren't exactly swimming in cheap insurance options in the UK

Soldato
Probably not. Most places don't seem to make the high end stuff for barges like a Passat. There isn't any point.

yea and the same goes for my Jazz too, esp here in the u.k................the Honda Fit is only popular for modding in Asia, his car doesn't even look lowered, he probably changed it back before the photo was taken

Back
Top Bottom