Shocking Amazon delivery service

Associate
Ordered a stick of 4gb crucial memory for my Synology NAS on Tuesday the 23rd from Amazon, they said delivery would be yesterday which was Friday 26th.
Waited in last night and no delivery, had the usual "there's been a problem with your delivery, sorry etc itll be here sometime soon" which usually means whatever i ordered has been broken or lost in transfit and will be 1-2 weeks longer than it should be.

Woke up this morning to notification on my phone that my delivery was 8 stops away so i thought oh ill wait to go see my old man with the grand kids til its here.
The deliveries left counted down on the app, i was sat on the PC anyway and saw the guy driving down my street so went to have a look out of the window, hes parked near the end of my drive for a second and drove off.
This happened like 4 times, he drove around all the streets near me over and over without stopping, back to mine then pulled up, then drove off.
It was raining so i couldn't be arsed to run down the drive to him, and no way to contact.

Few minutes later the doorbell rings, its our usual royal mail postman who says "I've just found this 2 streets away on the floor in the road, its not ours look its one from Amazon but i thought i would bring you it anyway in case it was important", then hands us the package Amazon was meant to bring.
Must have only just dropped it because it wasn't very wet and its been raining fairly constantly today.
I'm pretty shocked lol.
Still says "Out for delivery" on the Amazon app, wonder what will happen now.

Associate
get on amazon chat and demand compensastion. Don't try to say you don't have it though they are pretty sneaky and interview the driver so if your story doesn't match up then they will flag you for the future.

Soldato
get on amazon chat and demand compensastion. Don't try to say you don't have it though they are pretty sneaky and interview the driver so if your story doesn't match up then they will flag you for the future.

Not quite sure what the driver could say here. He didn't hand it over to the postman nor the OP. As far as he'd be concerned, the parcel is now lost.

It's upto the OP if he wants to be honest and say that he's had delivery of the item.

Soldato
Takes a certain type of special to suggest to the OP he defraud a company, on the message board of a company they likely have an account with.

OP: By all means complain to them about the delivery driver if you want to, but you've got the item you paid for and should tell them that.

Caporegime
Well you did the right thing by coming in here and letting us know what happened.

Now collectively we will all fight your battle with Amazon, but nonetheless simply outstanding work done and be assured that we will get to the bottom of this delivery failure from amazon.

Associate
OP
Takes a certain type of special to suggest to the OP he defraud a company, on the message board of a company they likely have an account with.

OP: By all means complain to them about the delivery driver if you want to, but you've got the item you paid for and should tell them that.

I’m just gonna see what happens mate, it’s a weird situation, I don’t intend to rip anyone off.
Main thing is I’ve got my memory and it works, when the postman handed me it I thought “oh god no way will this work”

Associate
OP
Well you did the right thing by coming in here and letting us know what happened.

Now collectively we will all fight your battle with Amazon, but nonetheless simply outstanding work done and be assured that we will get to the bottom of this delivery failure from amazon.

What? I was only posting what people might think is an interesting story

Soldato

No they don't. Amazon customer service treat you as if they believe every single thing you say and, in my experience, resolve the problem immediately then and there. The only thing they can't resolve immediately is having lost the parcel. I've had numerous late of failed deliveries due to living in a supposedly unmapped area (untrue) and they refund you etc every time.

Associate
No they don't. Amazon customer service treat you as if they believe every single thing you say and, in my experience, resolve the problem immediately then and there. The only thing they can't resolve immediately is having lost the parcel. I've had numerous late of failed deliveries due to living in a supposedly unmapped area (untrue) and they refund you etc every time.
They will interview the driver believe me. Albeit probably not in this case as its not a high value item. I myself have had a refund due to a driver not delivering and the parcel getting lost. But i've seen people try to defraud amazon and only got debunked as the drivers are made to take photos of the property now.

Associate
OP
They will interview the driver believe me. Albeit probably not in this case as its not a high value item. I myself have had a refund due to a driver not delivering and the parcel getting lost. But i've seen people try to defraud amazon and only got debunked as the drivers are made to take photos of the property now.

That’s a good thing I got my item, because the guy was on my drive plenty of times and could easily have said he delivered it when he didn’t, then taken a photo if that’s what they do

Back
Top Bottom