Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Caporegime
Oh God. This time travel stuff melts my brain. When Cap goes back to return the stones to their rightful place in the timeline he takes Mjolnir back with him too. Being that the events of Age of Ultron happen after Thor The Dark World, which is when Thor & Rocket go back to and Thor takes Mjolnir, Cap takes it back and returns it, theoretically meaning that Thor doesn't even know it goes missing. They would then have to inject Jane with the Ether again (ouch) and the timeline carries on. This then means that at the party scene in Ultron Cap could lift the hammer, because he's worthy, as shown by this movie. So Cap chooses not to lift the Hammer?

No.

As that is a different Capt. What happened before stays as before

Caporegime
Oh God. This time travel stuff melts my brain. When Cap goes back to return the stones to their rightful place in the timeline he takes Mjolnir back with him too. Being that the events of Age of Ultron happen after Thor The Dark World, which is when Thor & Rocket go back to and Thor takes Mjolnir, Cap takes it back and returns it, theoretically meaning that Thor doesn't even know it goes missing. They would then have to inject Jane with the Ether again (ouch) and the timeline carries on. This then means that at the party scene in Ultron Cap could lift the hammer, because he's worthy, as shown by this movie. So Cap chooses not to lift the Hammer?

Didn't Cap only become worthy after telling Tony that Bucky killed his parents? Before, hiding the truth prevented him from lifting it?

Soldato
Because Captain Marvel (the movie) was good and made lots of money?

For most of that film she wasn't overpowered.

CM was pretty darn avarage as far a MCU movies go (but even the worst MCU movie (IM2) is still entertaining) the but as PlacidCasual said, CM is very poorly written and played poorly by someone who managed an Oscer (althrough i don't take the Oscars as a testiment to quaility for at least a decade now) She was least good thing in her own movie, which is pretty big problem going forward, the fact it made money was because it was a cynical move by Kevin Feige to not only stick her movie in between the two Avanger movies but to tease that she was going to be pivotal to Endgame. Pushing people to see it that probably wouldn't have. The next CM movie will have to be radical departure to what we've seen so far from the character otherwise myself and others are just not going to be interested in seeing.

Caporegime
CM was pretty darn avarage as far a MCU movies go (but even the worst MCU movie (IM2) is still entertaining) the but as PlacidCasual said, CM is very poorly written and played poorly by someone who managed an Oscer (althrough i don't take the Oscars as a testiment to quaility for at least a decade now) She was least good thing in her own movie, which is pretty big problem going forward, the fact it made money was because it was a cynical move by Kevin Feige to not only stick her movie in between the two Avanger movies but to tease that she was going to be pivotal to Endgame. Pushing people to see it that probably wouldn't have. The next CM movie will have to be radical departure to what we've seen so far from the character otherwise myself and others are just not going to be interested in seeing.

Subjectivity again, I found CM to be above the average for MCU films, or 'good' as I otherwise call it.

I also thought IM 2 & 3 were total guff.

Soldato
3 was better than 2, but yeah they really are bottom of the barrel of MCU movies, which is odd as i still reguard Iron Man 1 as one of the best, certainly in my top 5

Soldato
Didn't Cap only become worthy after telling Tony that Bucky killed his parents? Before, hiding the truth prevented him from lifting it?

He was always worthy, in Age of Ultron he moved Mjolnir but decided not to lift it because he's so humble he didn't care to show off like the others and we saw Thor's look of terror when he managed to move it, which is why Thor was happy to see him actually lift it and say "I knew it"

Captain Marvel was an okay film, but I didn't care much for CM, thought she was way too sarcastic and way too cocky for somebody who was trying to find herself, thought she was more likeable in Endgame though

daz

daz

Soldato
I was underwhelmed by Endgame, slightly perplexed at the level of praise it's getting by critics. I didn't feel at any point that the heroes were going to lose.

Soldato
Typical bull **** Hollywood ending that. Would have much preferred they ended it with the Infinity War ending then at the end credits just show Thor decapitating Thanos like the start of the movie. :p Suppose I am just an evil mofo haha, but I really do think there should have been more deaths from the Avengers side of things.

Soldato
I was underwhelmed by Endgame, slightly perplexed at the level of praise it's getting by critics. I didn't feel at any point that the heroes were going to lose.

I can't imagine for a second that anyone thought they were going to "lose" - for me it was about telling the story!

...and I guess it depends on your definition of losing - Tony and Natasha didn't exactly win!

Although I do agree - while I thoroughly enjoyed it as a film, it's far from the best Marvel movie imo!

Soldato
To be fair no-one else looked like they were going to take down Thanos's ship! - plus Tony and Nebula were toast without her!

Pretty sure the script was written before she was set to be in it. So changes are Rocket would have found nebula, Scarlet Witch would have taken out the ship.

Caporegime

Pretty sure the script was written before she was set to be in it. So changes are Rocket would have found nebula, Scarlet Witch would have taken out the ship.

Nope, Infinity war and End Game were filmed together before Captain Marvel was made. This was Brie Larsons first movie playing the character

Soldato
Nope, Infinity war and End Game were filmed together before Captain Marvel was made. This was Brie Larsons first movie playing the character
Wow, I never knew that! /sarcasm.

That fact backs up my statement. Captain Marvel was shoehorned into Infinity wars/End game because they (Disney) wanted to have her leading into the next phase. It's a safe bet the scripts were written without her in it and then she was added in.

Soldato
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it won't interest me either. Female centric is fine as long as i can feel connected to the characters and like them. I love Black Widow, Wanda, Wasp and Gemora and adore Mantis. But CM comes across as arrogant and robotic, i don't feel a connection to that at all so with anything with her in it i'll pass and wait for it on streaming, and if i don't go to see it then the wife won't go because she only goes to the cinema with me.

They urgently need to make CM interesting pretty fast if they want the cash to keep rolling in. There's nothing interesting to me about a perfect superhero that can just destory everything with one punch, it'll be boring
See Superman for reference

Soldato
He was always worthy, in Age of Ultron he moved Mjolnir but decided not to lift it because he's so humble he didn't care to show off like the others and we saw Thor's look of terror when he managed to move it, which is why Thor was happy to see him actually lift it and say "I knew it"

I much prefer this theory and it's kind of what I thought.

Soldato
Tbh, I found it underwhelming. None of the emotional moments seemed to click with me. Maybe I was just not in the mood. I'll try it again at some point and see if my views change

Soldato
watched it again tonight...saw the "controversial scene" and it wasn't until afterwards it clicked that was what people were moaning about. Honestly, if that's a concern of yours...get a grip.

Still its boring for 50% of the film, i cant see me watching it again. 7/10

Soldato
Wow, I never knew that! /sarcasm.

That fact backs up my statement. Captain Marvel was shoehorned into Infinity wars/End game because they (Disney) wanted to have her leading into the next phase. It's a safe bet the scripts were written without her in it and then she was added in.

Interesting video with regards to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cXg8-YJNUk

I thought it was strange that they decided to introduce a new character before the climax of an 11 year build up, it doesn't make sense from a narrative point. After seeing the above video it seems like someone up top in marvel/disney really wants her to be popular.

Soldato
Brilliant film. Saw it tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

But...

WTF happened to Hulk?!? Completely wasted the character. Should’ve had a massive **** off battle with Thanos at the end. Missed opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom