What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Bar risers installed:

33862753718_565720608b_b.jpg

47686904092_d0b77034e7_b.jpg

20mm higher, felt very nice on the way into work this morning, and my arse slides forward less on the seat now :D

Soldato
Oh the pedal moves fine, too much in fact, as before I bled it this morning it was moving too much and its taken a chunk out of the fairing paint -_-

In the garage it works fine, bite feels nice, releases fine, holds the wheel etc, but once riding it's just barely working, definitely not enough pressure being exerted to stop the bike under load, and of course have cleaned it up, checked the pads/disc etc..

Last edited:
Soldato
Replaced the battery on the CBR after having to bump start it on Monday morning. It now starts straight away and doesnt need any help with slight throttle. Seems the battery has been on it's way out for at least a month or so

Soldato
Rode 220 miles yesterday over to Cheddar gorge and Yeovil. Some great smooth flowing roads and some not so great roads. I got off the bike tired and aching though

Around the gorge area there are plenty of gravel patches ahoy.

It might just be my luck, but every time I ride the roads around there during nicer weather, I see someone who's come off due to one reason or another.

Associate
Around the gorge area there are plenty of gravel patches ahoy.

It might just be my luck, but every time I ride the roads around there during nicer weather, I see someone who's come off due to one reason or another.

Probably more to do with the ever increasing number of idiots on bikes who believe they are the reincarnation of Barry Sheene but on a public road not a track.

Soldato
Probably more to do with the ever increasing number of idiots on bikes who believe they are the reincarnation of Barry Sheene but on a public road not a track.
Possibly. I know summer brings out a lot of riders who don't ride all year round and try to re-apply skills that they haven't used in 11 months, might just be down to that. I don't think it's a beginner's road, by any stretch.

Soldato
Bought her home yesterday. Bit of a dent on the tank but I'm not too fussed about that for now. This bike is so much fun and it just sounds naughty. Not really tried to go fast yet but it's just effortless to get upto speed

RKICRtI.jpg

Soldato
Taken the baffles out yet? :D

Not yet. To be honest I really dont need to with the way it already is. I will probably take them out for the next bike night though :D

Make sure the cam chain tensioners are working properly! They are a big weak spot on these and plenty of Firestorm engines have been ruined through the timing slipping.

Fair point, I'll have a look. Seems people say to change them at 30K miles. As mine is at 37K miles I'll see if there is any paper work to say they have been changed or if they are now manual ones.

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to finally get round to checking the valves on the ol' VFR as I have no idea if / when they were last checked, and she's sitting on 63,666 miles.

There was a surprising amount of access to the front cylinders with the radiator out of the way, don't know why people say it's such a pain.

fD3h2OK.jpg

not sure how concerned to be about all 4 plugs having a coating of sludgy oil on the neck, don't seem to be burning any oil, and the coolant came out clean.

ENhyWrH.jpg

and the results, if you can make sense of my scribbling.

ZG6p20C.jpg

intakes are supposed to be 0.16mm +/- 0.03mm and exhaust 0.25mm. Looks to me like someone has shimmed the rear cylinders, but not touched the front. Tomorrow i'll have to pull the camshaft and measure up for shims on the front intakes, that may be more of a pain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom