Energy Suppliers

Soldato
That's a standard smets2 chameleon ihd3 (ppmid) what's wrong with it? The IHD is connected via Zigbee to the meter an encryptedBluetooth connection, the meter is connected to the DCC via mobile GSM (2G) connection. Does it still say downloading data?

these look quite good just reading ovos's guide - I wonder if all the suppliers configure them the same way
https://forum.ovoenergy.com/ihd-in-home-displays-64/user-guide-for-the-chameleon-ihd-1837

nothing to send the data to a phone/pc, but will show the KW/hr used so far, today, so you can in theory see how much turning the oven on for a period has cost,
they don't say what the moving-average time period is over which it calculates the real time W usage, (would be good if it were a minute or so )

Soldato
No IFTTT?
No not possible with any Smets2 system it's a secure network and th DCC won't allow anything external to have access.

these look quite good just reading ovos's guide - I wonder if all the suppliers configure them the same way
https://forum.ovoenergy.com/ihd-in-home-displays-64/user-guide-for-the-chameleon-ihd-1837

nothing to send the data to a phone/pc, but will show the KW/hr used so far, today, so you can in theory see how much turning the oven on for a period has cost,
they don't say what the moving-average time period is over which it calculates the real time W usage, (would be good if it were a minute or so )

KW/pH is calculated every 10seconds to give the most accurate reads possible.

Caporegime
No not possible with any Smets2 system it's a secure network and th DCC won't allow anything external to have access.

KW/pH is calculated every 10seconds to give the most accurate reads possible.
That's a little disappointing, how are we supposed to use smart plugs to run devices when we eventually switch to on demand pricing?

Soldato
That's a little disappointing, how are we supposed to use smart plugs to run devices when we eventually switch to on demand pricing?
The octopus stuff is giving you half hourly pricing on the following day and an app to then schedule (smart-plugged) appliances,
but like the bulb vari-stuff they have 8p unit middle of the night and 25p+ peak time 6-8pm.

Really need to use your tesla car/battery pack to store the energy overnight . tesla 80KW car packs <$2k, so if you could get 20KW for £500 say, over 10 years about a £1 a week, are probably quids in ?

Soldato
That's a standard smets2 chameleon ihd3 (ppmid) what's wrong with it? The IHD is connected via Zigbee to the meter an encryptedBluetooth connection, the meter is connected to the DCC via mobile GSM (2G) connection. Does it still say downloading data?

It says 'waiting for current data' it's been like that for a few days, I've Ower cycled it a few times too, bulb said the data looks like it's coming in to them OK they will speak to their 'smart team'

Soldato
How many different types of SMETS2 meters are being installed?
6 different meters are available all do the same thing and have the same functionality, bar one that is equipt with an extra terminal to provide off peak electric.

It says 'waiting for current data' it's been like that for a few days, I've Ower cycled it a few times too, bulb said the data looks like it's coming in to them OK they will speak to their 'smart team'

Get the ''Smart Team" called and get it replaced, if it's been stuck that long the commissioning has been rushed and it's stuck in a process.

Soldato
eh ?
same strategy as insurance ... check prices with compare sites + MartinLewis specials/club, then buy from suppliers using cashback/referrals. ...
and, avoid these we will switch you middlemen street dealers

Soldato
So far so good with Bulb. Was paying £48 a month for electric, staying where i was would put me to £57 a month Just had a bill for £36.41 for my first month so im well happy at the moment

Back
Top Bottom