What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Avengers Endgame. I loved it. A great way to round out phase 2 of the MCU and retire the characters that have been with us from the beginning.

I loved the sadness of their failure from the last film, the hope that they might find a way back, the callbacks to the previous films, the final confrontation and resolutions to so many characters arcs.

I'm not ashamed to say I got a little emotional as I was cheering them on. I loved these characters as a kid reading Marvel Comics, and I've loved watching them reincarnated in the MCU. I feel an endpoint was reached, and a new story is starting.

Soldato
Another 48 hours. Decent enough film. Although the dynamic between Nolte and Murphy isn't as strong as the first. Not quite a classic, but worth a watch.

Caporegime
Just watch Long Shot and this exceeded all expectations.

Very funny, in places I never thought possible.

Charlize Theron says "I want you to do me from behind and slap my ass!"

took me by surprise!

There are some gross out scenes as with all Seth Rogan movies but it is Charlize Theron who is the stand out actor in this, really really enjoyable and laughed throughout. There is so much to like in this film, and in a lot of ways I enjoyed this movie way more than Endgame did.

p.s. Andy Serkis turned up totally like a different person!

Soldato
Incredibles 2 - not sure that the film was needed at all as the first was so good and self contained. That said though this was really good fun. 4/5

Soldato
The Unthinkable

Relatively small budget ($2m) Swedish film with surprisingly good special effects and some pretty cool sequences. Got a little ridiculous towards the end but still interesting to see a film from different perspective(s) to the usual Hollywood action films.

7/10

Soldato
Mrs Doubtfire 8.5/10
A great movie with a decent story and some good moments, It's a movie I can rewatch over and still not stop laughing.

Soldato
Resident Evil Apocalypse

The Resi film came up in another thread recently and I'd only ever seen the first (thought it was decent enough), so I decided to watch them all.

The first isn't on Netflix or Prime, so started with the 2nd one.

First half was terrible. Maybe I missed it, but had no idea what prompted Alice to arrive in the church, and in such manner. Weird. And terrible visual style on the action sequences.

2nd half was better.

Didn't like Alice being given super powers: much better to just be a straight up badass.

Hope the others are better

Soldato
Happy Death Day 2 - 7/10.

Enjoyed the first one and was looking forward to this. Not as good as the first and a part at the end got very Scooby Doo! But a decent sequel.

Soldato
Coco - Pixar doing an original film seems a bit rare at the moment with all of their sequels. This one is good fun, maybe not up there with their best but Pixar on an average day is still better than most. 4/5

Associate
13 Minutes - The story of Georg Elsers attempt to blow up Hitler.

Randomly come across this german made film on the BBC last night. They seem to put some decent random films on Saturday nights in the early hours. A few times I've been hooked to something and ended up staying up till gone 2am.

I knew very little about this assassination attempt on Hitler. I only really knew the attempt by his own men later on in the war. Really good film.

I found it really strange how Elser was allowed to stay alive in concentration camps till weeks before the end of the war with extra rations and preferential treatment and not shot sooner than he was.

7.5/10

Back
Top Bottom