What have you done to your car today?

Permabanned
Cleaned my friends very yellow lights yesterday. 30 mins work with some 800, 1500, 2500 wet and dry, a machine compound and polish. Came out quite well I think, needed doing for ths MOT.

15eeihk.jpg

10x7tp2.jpg
jujvh5.jpg
f4fno5.jpg

Soldato
Been a while since I've posted in here...

Not strictly in keeping with 'today', but a few weeks ago I visit the parents over near Garstang and swapped my wheels over at the same time to the summer NT03s shod in AD08Rs that they were very kindly looking after for me.

RhwAgRRh.jpg

Next decent weekend I'm planning on taking the front wiper arms off and rubbing them down and painting them back up again as they've gotten rusty.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cleaned out the throttle body. Previously thought this was nonsense, had done it and seen no difference. This time on the 4gr engine it worked amazing. It had issues idling nicely, too low, trembling vibrations, rolling back in drive, not smooth from a stop etc.. It was pretty gunky, after cleaning the idle was screaming at nearly 2000rpm and didn't really sort itself out. Had to disconnect the battery and let it relearn but after it is perfect, holds 700rpm no matter the load.
Anyone with Toyota lexus GR v6 engines should try it if you have a rough or low hunting idle.

Also got techstream running and did some setting changes.

Soldato
Replaced the stock pistol sprays to some fan washers. Covers a much wider area in the windscreen and cost £22 and it's a 5min jobby.
Also fitted some LED DRL(£20) which replaced the yellow halogen bulbs as well as fitting a pair of Osram Silverstar 2.0(£10) as headlights.

Next on the list will be new rubber and a Stage 1 remap.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love the fan type ones. The Skoda had them and the Volvo has them. Never thought about retrofitting them!
It's one of those things that I am comfortable doing myself. Would like to be more hands on with the car so it was a good place to start. Forgot to add to the list some boot gas struts.

Last edited:
Soldato
I fitted them to my 850, fantastic little upgrade that has far greater an impact than you'd ever guess. £10 for genuine parts (the V70 that succeeded the 850 has them and they fit the 850) and as you say all of 5 mins fitting.

Soldato
I fitted them to my 850, fantastic little upgrade that has far greater an impact than you'd ever guess. £10 for genuine parts (the V70 that succeeded the 850 has them and they fit the 850) and as you say all of 5 mins fitting.
Yup, GF was watching when I replaced them and was like "£22 for two bits of plastic that does the same thing?! You already had windscreen washers".

Caporegime
Yup, GF was watching when I replaced them and was like "£22 for two bits of plastic that does the same thing?! You already had windscreen washers".

:D

Of course she doesn't have any possessions which are multiples of similar things, and are much less useful than windscreen washers, and likely cost a lot more than 22 pounds...

Soldato
Obviously not what I’ve done to my car but been having a bit of a browse around autotrader and YouTube on 595 Competizione’s. In 9 months or so I’ll be buying my next car and it’s almost certainly going to be an agile little hatchback with a punch. The 340i was fun in a straight line, but A) excessive and B) dreadful in bends.

Previous front runner would be a Fiesta ST mk7 but I saw a 595 yesterday and they look pretty sick in my opinion. There used to be a guy in our block with one and it sounded sweet, too. My main concern is, are they different enough to be immediately recognised as definitely NOT a Fiat 500.

Soldato
I find it hard to imagine a new-ish 3 series being bad in the bends, surely they are pretty good for a mid-saloon??

I think it was mainly down to the runflats; they were pretty ******* dreadful, especially in the damp. My direct comparison is a mates JCW Mini Countryman which is lowered, front and rear anti roll bars, spacers and he’s got rid of the run flats.
In comparison the 3 series felt like a boat :(

Man of Honour
It is exaggerated in the video due to the exposure, but it is more shiny than the seats, kind of expected really being nappa and the area which is constantly under heavy elbow traffic.

I will re-leather it at some point. No priority on that though.

Back
Top Bottom