UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 May *** Spoilers ***

Man of Honour
I fear for some of you lads in work tomorrow, don't get too smashed on a school night!

As for Valverde... I fear he will get lynched, no way does he not get sacked.

In fairness Barcelona do need an overhaul too, beyond Messi, Suarez (he's fading) and Coutinho, the rest aren't all that. The younger players they've bought don't look great so far.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Guillem Balague on BBC R5Live said:
Jurgen Klopp understood what happened in the first leg better than Ernesto Valverde. In that game Liverpool had a lot of chances and played a high tempo that Barcelona struggled with. Klopp said they didn't do much wrong in the first leg and they did not have to change much so they did the same again tonight.

Over the two games, for three quarters of them Barcelona were inferior, scared and unable to find answers. For me, Messi was saying 'how do I influence the game?'. For the last hour where was he? Not many teams have ever done that to him.

After the first leg, Messi warned the Barcelona players that that game was played at the pace Liverpool wanted, and he said they [Barcelona] were all exhausted and couldn't play at that pace again, but that's what has happened again.

They fell for a trap. In the wide areas, two or three Liverpool players were always around them. Barcelona tried to look for that extra pass but couldn't find it and lost possession. Barcelona have not played a team like this in a long, long time.

Sums it up pretty well.

Caporegime
In fairness Barcelona do need an overhaul too, beyond Messi, Suarez (he's fading) and Coutinho, the rest aren't all that. The younger players they've bought don't look great so far.

Without a doubt, the question is who are they going to try and raid from the PL.

They never replaced Xavi and more importantly Iniesta, granted that was always going to be hard but I've never been high on Vidal for example.

Caporegime
Amazing second half and an utterly brilliant winning goal. Liverpool fans must be on cloud nine. Whoever the touchline cameraman was who filmed the corner from Alexander-Arnold's perspective needs a pay rise.

Soldato
Wow as much as I dislike saying it Liverpool were fantastic tonight. Fully deserved the victory. How crap were Barca though! No urgency, no fight, no Messi. If I was one of their fans I'd be screwing. Now just need Spurs to show the same spirit tomorrow night and join Liverpool in Madrid.

Soldato
He's back ...
attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom