• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2 days left of 28 day RMA

Associate
OP
i thought gigAbyte was one of the better companies for rma in UK?

I got a feeling it’s more Overclockers UK then gigabyte overclockers told me that gigabyte had the card still but when I got onto the @GIGA-Man To look into it they sent me my original card back to me that apparently they didn’t have yet they managed to send it back to me next day delivery in overclockers box tape and Haribo sounds like they had it for a while. But ether way Iv been without my 1300 pound GPU now since the 10th of April and all they have done is sent my my broken card back. Iv tested it and it is still 100% broken there are Image Links in this thread. All overclockers said on the phone is that it was replaced when it is clearly my old card

Associate
So basically it sounds like the cards been sat somewhere for a few weeks, your chasing prompted them to just send it back out to you due to the 28 day turnaround?

The chasing should have prompted the swift replacement of the card, not the former.

Associate
OP
So basically it sounds like the cards been sat somewhere for a few weeks, your chasing prompted them to just send it back out to you due to the 28 day turnaround?

The chasing should have prompted the swift replacement of the card, not the former.

Think you have hit the nail on the head with that comment my friend

Soldato
One attempt at repair failed, you're entitled to full refund. Which is the right thing to do anyway now, not like you can be told we'll do it right this time and have you wait even more.

Associate
OP
One attempt at repair failed, you're entitled to full refund. Which is the right thing to do anyway now, not like you can be told we'll do it right this time and have you wait even more.

Iv taken the card out of my hard line water cooled build I’d like the same card back because iv got a EK waterblock that I had to cut a peace out of the block to get it to fit to the GPU refund would be no good to me replacement is what I want so I can get my pc up and running fully again

Soldato
Iv taken the card out of my hard line water cooled build I’d like the same card back because iv got a EK waterblock that I had to cut a peace out of the block to get it to fit to the GPU refund would be no good to me replacement is what I want so I can get my pc up and running fully again

Can you not buy the same model?

Associate
Depends if it's not been fixed. All Vendors will normally fix a card 2/3 times in its lifespan before replacing .
If it's a pretty big job then it's a full replace .

It appears that it's not been fixed.

FWIW I had a Gigabyte GTX460 a few years ago. It didn't work in my motherboard, but was fine in a friend's PC. I ended up sending it directly to Gigabyte as Overclockers told me there would be a charge if I sent it back to them and they didn't find a problem. I knew there was a problem, but suspected that Overclockers might not find the problem and I'd still have a GPU that doesn't work in my system. Gigabyte repaired it after I sent it to them with my motherboard. About a year later I upgraded my system and again the card didn't work with the new motherboard. Gigabyte repaired it again. I upgrade GPU a little while later. Eventually I tried to sell the GTX460 to a friend, but it completely failed. In hindsight I should have sent the card back to Overclockers for a refund as soon as I discovered the original fault.

Back
Top Bottom