• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2 days left of 28 day RMA

Associate
I would return and get a refund, then order a new one. Too bad can't be from another brand. I have a xfx, but the lesser rtx2080 ultra. Built quality seems pretty solid. Had previous products from the brand, never had issues. To be fair, the only items I've ever returned as faulty was 2 motherboards from Asus, top ones, over £200 about 7 or 8 years ago, from the now extinct Microdirect, one LG 4k monitor from ******, which was quick and easy and one noblechair hero, from Overclockers. The disappointment is parting with some serious money, then have to wait over a week without the item, when isn't even your fault. One wouldn't be happy to take delivery of one item, get rid of the old one, then left unable to use the new purchase, or the whole system as result. Happens, true, but let's agree that in this case, was too long.

Associate
I would return and get a refund, then order a new one. Too bad can't be from another brand. I have a xfx, but the lesser rtx2080 ultra. Built quality seems pretty solid. Had previous products from the brand, never had issues. To be fair, the only items I've ever returned as faulty was 2 motherboards from Asus, top ones, over £200 about 7 or 8 years ago, from the now extinct Microdirect, one LG 4k monitor from ******, which was quick and easy and one noblechair hero, from Overclockers. The disappointment is parting with some serious money, then have to wait over a week without the item, when isn't even your fault. One wouldn't be happy to take delivery of one item, get rid of the old one, then left unable to use the new purchase, or the whole system as result. Happens, true, but let's agree that in this case, was too long.
OCUK are sending him a replacement from their stock and will sort it out with Gigabyte

Associate
OCUK are sending him a replacement from their stock and will sort it out with Gigabyte
I know. But let's be honest , the whole process was too long.
I'm not saying it was Overclockers fault, as the manufacturer apparently fixed the card, but as soon as the OP got the item, supposedly fixed, the problem happened in 5 minutes, I would be a bit worried in buying from the same manufacturer any time soon.
I had just one RMA with Overclockers and was sorted very fast. It's annoying waiting for a replacement, but inevitable when problems happens. Not Overclockers fault, or the manufacturer, as the item was promptly replaced, not a sloppy fix.

Soldato
Mistakes happen, for this one post OcUK had hundreds/thousands of happy customers.

It's good that OcUK and Gigabyte have stepped up and took ownership of this issue - loads of explanation, issue working to be resolved and i'm sure lessons have been learned all over.

Alls good (once the card is received) and the world keeps turning.

Associate
I would still buy from OCUK and gigabyte, mistakes happen and I would be upset about it but at least its sorted. These cards are proving to still be a nightmare even after 7 + months which is crazy, but that's down to nvidia

Associate
Exactly.

Try RMAing with "Scam" and "Pbuyer", and you would end up having better odds and results with trying to get blood out from a rock :p

But not going to lie, I do wish OcUK pricing was more competitive. Other than special deals and promotions, OcUK pricing these days are overall is higher than the competitions unfortunately. Somethings gotta give for better support and service I suppose.
I am 27 days into my RMA with scam, my card died and was sent to inno3d who offered me a replacement, great... but still waiting for it

Last edited:
Associate
Hello all,

I just wanted to say this is not the usual RMA turn around from us or OCUK...

Obviously I can't talk on behalf of OCUK but the GIGABYTE RMA turn around is officially 7 days... however we often turn around RMA's in 3 working days. I'd like to think it is very rare that this situation occurs, if you do ever get issues, like this one for example. Message me here or our RMA department directly [email protected] and we will make sure to give you an answer, there should only be two main reasons an RMA takes longer than I've just said...... 1) The part under RMA needs to be replaced and we don't have a replacement for it. 2) We are short staffed for some reason. If this is the case we will inform you directly of the delay or if you have sent back through OCUK or another through that company.

I will always do my best to help you out.... I'm a massive PC gamer and have been building PC's for years, I know the pain of having no system due to technical issues!

Soldato
@Michael_Marini

both yours and the OPs are Nvidia reference design - unfortunately Nvidia have force a lot of vendors to purchase Reference boards and slap on their own coolers . Gigabyte have started their own, v2.0 of Gaming/Winforce cards that are designed by themselves . Im sure EVGA will do the same . Bit of a sad trend to see , Pascal wasn't as bad nor was maxwell , but nvidia reap a lot of profit from it .
also seems ram faults on Turing is highly common... =/

hopefully OP is happy its getting sorted . Its good to see OCUK and Vendor active and helpful. Also working together to first sort the issue out then work out how it came about ( the longer then expect RMA) , as for the fault, nvidia needs a slap!

Associate
So a happy ending

If i remember correctly, is it now out of warranty due to the time its taken. Awesome that ocuk has given you a new replacement, hopefully gigabyte refund ocuk so they dont incur a financial loss.

Soldato
So a happy ending

If i remember correctly, is it now out of warranty due to the time its taken. Awesome that ocuk has given you a new replacement, hopefully gigabyte refund ocuk so they dont incur a financial loss.

its only out of warranty if the card is over the age of 3/4 yrs old .

if a reseller has to replace with their own stock, board/gou vendors will replace it - or send one straight to customer .

Caporegime
**** happens from time to time, looks like both the manufacturer and vendor are trying their level best to resolve the issue.

Far more than certain Scam retailers from experience......

I for one am more than happy to maintain my business with OCUK!

Back
Top Bottom