So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Caporegime
Pretty blatant punch, I'd suggest he shouldn't go into boxing when his career ends though as that wouldn't hurt a 5 year old.... pansy.

Reminds me of when Joey Barton, being the **** house he is punched Morten Gamst Pedersen in the gut and there was no action taken against him.

Associate
Yeah because there's no loads of reasons you'd jerk your elbow back and forth in that situation.

Hourihane jerking his elbow back and forth isn't enough evidence to apply a ban though is it? From that angle we can't see whether it is done with a closed fist or not, or if it even made proper impact. He PROBABLY did punch the Leeds player, but the EFL have to be CERTAIN that a punch was delivered which is simply impossible with such little evidence. If the EFL start handing out bans for suspected actions with limited evidence then Bamford may have found himself in further trouble for an attempted headlock on Hourihane in the melee, as would whomever put Hourihane on the ground not long after the headlock, probably Klich or Bamford. Whatever resulted in Hourihane going down in the melee probably led to the incident you talked about so would need to be investigated together.

Luckily the EFL don't do that. They saw clear evidence that Bamford received no contact to the face and thus he had successfully deceived a referee which the EFL have clear punishments in place for as it's something they're trying to crack down on. There was very little evidence regarding other potential offences from either side. It might not fit your "Leeds are the victims" narrative but that's the truth of the matter.

Don
Hourihane jerking his elbow back and forth isn't enough evidence to apply a ban though is it? From that angle we can't see whether it is done with a closed fist or not, or if it even made proper impact. He PROBABLY did punch the Leeds player, but the EFL have to be CERTAIN that a punch was delivered which is simply impossible with such little evidence. If the EFL start handing out bans for suspected actions with limited evidence then Bamford may have found himself in further trouble for an attempted headlock on Hourihane in the melee, as would whomever put Hourihane on the ground not long after the headlock, probably Klich or Bamford. Whatever resulted in Hourihane going down in the melee probably led to the incident you talked about so would need to be investigated together.

Luckily the EFL don't do that. They saw clear evidence that Bamford received no contact to the face and thus he had successfully deceived a referee which the EFL have clear punishments in place for as it's something they're trying to crack down on. There was very little evidence regarding other potential offences from either side. It might not fit your "Leeds are the victims" narrative but that's the truth of the matter.

You seem really bitter toward old Patrick, it wasn't as bad as this one at least.

Also it puts Roofe back in the team so not a bad replacement :)

giphy.gif

(In b4 Adryan)

Associate
You seem really bitter toward old Patrick, it wasn't as bad as this one at least.

Also it puts Roofe back in the team so not a bad replacement :)

(In b4 Adryan)

I wonder how long it took you to find that video? Clearly play-off fever has got to you ;)

Which one is worse is for someone else to debate as both were shocking. All players who attempt to fake impact of violent conduct in order to get an opposition player sent off should get punished, behaviour like that is why I'm glad Nelson got shipped out on loan, no place for him in our squad.

Associate
Surely your signings were the reason you were promoted? Or are you talking money spent? I’m not sure dominating Blackburn and Ipswich are worthy of being promoted but over the course of the season yes you achieved the most points so of course you deserved it. Sheff U even more so.

I just hope Sheff U invest and don’t expect the success of this season to be replicated next or it will just all be a waste. Like Cardiff attempted.

I thought that dominating Ipswich was easy?

To go from being top at Christmas to ending up 11 points off top at the end of the season shows just how far Leeds' form has dropped off. Derby will be licking their lips right now, although hopefully there won't be another spygate scandal!

My money is on Villa going up.

Soldato
(In b4 Adryan)

Such a great football moment :p

Have heard that Leeds could be in a bit of a pickle financially if they don't go up. Seems the owner is a little light on cash. No idea if that's true or not, but you can always fall back on your massive annual take - resume your rightful place in the lower mid table ;)

Personally I want Villa to make it through the playoffs. I'd like to see Dean Smith have a crack at the EPL, but more importantly I think we get an extra £2m from the Hogan deal if they go up. Reckon it'll be WBA who'll make it though.

I missed much of the end of our season due to a recent baby, but we rightfully secured our top half position. That's five in a row since promotion. Yet again another annoying season where we started and finished well but had a major slump in the middle the ended up costing us dear.

A summer of change for us I reckon. Would love to keep Maupay, Benrahma and Sawyers, but think at least two of them will go. But if it's the former then we'll get top dollar for them. Our B team is producing talent too - following on from the £14m we got for Chris Mepham, we've got a load of promising youngsters coming through.

Expect to see more of Mads Bech Sorensen and Luka Racic next season, both at centre back, whereas Oksanen is a very highly rated 18 year old DM and Finnson has already got a couple of Icelandic caps. The big name next season could well be Josh Dasilva - turned down a new Arsenal contact last season to join but was hampered by injury this year - and the difficulty of displacing Sawyers and Mokotjo in our midfield two. Has had a great run in though, dominating the last few games.

Good luck to those in the playoffs!

Don
Have heard that Leeds could be in a bit of a pickle financially if they don't go up. Seems the owner is a little light on cash. No idea if that's true or not, but you can always fall back on your massive annual take - resume your rightful place in the lower mid table ;)

Personally I want Villa to make it through the playoffs. I'd like to see Dean Smith have a crack at the EPL

Not sure where you heard that but I assume it’s become of the eleven sports thing.

I remember when Smith went to Villa and you were a bit bitter over the whole thing :p didn’t you mention your assistant did most of the work?

Soldato
Not sure where you heard that but I assume it’s become of the eleven sports thing.

I remember when Smith went to Villa and you were a bit bitter over the whole thing :p didn’t you mention your assistant did most of the work?

He'll either do very poorly, with Villa and fans soon realising that his role at Brentford was so narrow that a Villa job is simply too much for him. Or, he'll step up and revel in the new position. Shouldn't ever question anyone's ambition and ability, particularly as he's still very much on an upward trajectory career-wise.

He was good for us, but we were great for him. No qualms about his reasons for leaving - who wouldn't turn down his family club for 5 x the salary?

Doesn't seem too bitter to me. He had loads of help when he was here, had two assistants... Not many managers have two. He left one behind, took one with him and then added John Terry when he got there. The assistant who stayed behind took over... unfortunately we were halfway through a typical Smith crap run, and then the club was hit by a tragedy, with completely threw everyone. Took a bit of time to recover, but our season has been hit by terrible away form... we're 4th in the league this season for home form, with a goal difference very similar to Derby. Our away form is the worst it's been for almost 45 years however...

Given their resources promotion is the least Villa should be going for, but he's done well to right the ship after their poor run. But I did warn at the time that he was a streaky manager.

Soldato
Not sure why we're playing short corners when we do **** all with them.
My heart literally can't take any more. Even at 3-1 with 2 to shoot we make it difficult.
Our crossing is appalling honestly. Always either over hit or don't make it past the first man. Desperately need a good winger who can cross if we go up. I knew Adomah would miss that pen as well, he's been useless for ages now.

Soldato
Our crossing is appalling honestly. Always either over hit or don't make it past the first man. Desperately need a good winger who can cross if we go up. I knew Adomah would miss that pen as well, he's been useless for ages now.

He had one decent season but flopped after that. Didn't look confident and hit it terribly. Thankfully Tammy's got nerves of steel.

Bring on Leeds. I hope.I'm wrong with my prediction that Bamford's gonna haunt us after the shenanigans a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom