Another green initiative backfires?

Soldato
^^^ Yep, it's all about the source. Cheap LEDs use a blue source and spectrally mask the output using chemicals. They usually have a spike at the blue end where most of the source power is. LEDs with red, green, and blue sources vary the individual colour powers to create the desired output, giving much better results. More expensive, though.

Soldato
"Green Initiatives" almost always backfire!

Just like other SJW type operations..

It is pretty much a given that any product that claims to be "Environmentally friendly" just won't work.

(In much the same way, IME anything labeled "Fairtrade" will taste like recycled Cat-Poo, made the mistake of buying some "Fairtrade" Coffee yesterday in the hope that things might have improved. They haven't! I like the concept, but the products suck, they really do :( )

What did I read the other day?

If all of Europe switched over to EV's (Something that would have monumental economic, social and infrastructure costs) it would cut global CO2 emissions by....

Wait for it.....

0.7%

What a ******* waste of time and effort! Really!

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Anyone who has 4000k LEDs in their house other than a bathroom was mad anyway. It's like living in a laboratory.

LEDs in lighting is the least of our problems with so many people addicted to multiple screens. LEDs rock compared to filaments.
I find warm white (2700K) far too yellow and daylight (6500K) too clinical - 4000K is the perfect colour for me.

Something I noticed when trying different colours, 6500K would wake me up instantly and I would find it hard to get back to sleep after turning on a light of this colour.

Back
Top Bottom