Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Thanks, it's batch 18f21, some not good posts about it on that website and I agree, maybe letting it mature will help, would selfridges let me check the batch number before buying next time?
I don’t see why they would have a problem if you ask to see the box before you buy it so you can confirm the batch number, after all, you are spending a lot of money on it.

I wouldn’t settle for a below par batch personally.

Soldato
If you’re spending upwards of £200, then definitely check the batch code, it should also be present on the bottom of the box. And no worries!

Associate
It's a little off topic but does anyone recommend a good antiperspirant? The ones I seem to use don't actually do anything and when I spray it, it just makes my armpits feel wet.

Soldato
It's a little off topic but does anyone recommend a good antiperspirant? The ones I seem to use don't actually do anything and when I spray it, it just makes my armpits feel wet.
Pretty much any anti perspirant will make your arms feel wet when applied. You gotta wait for it to dry. The only one I’ve tried that applies dry is the Sure range.

I find the best by a mile is any of the Nivea range. But again it’ll make your arms feel wet.

It’s all down to preference though.

Associate
Pretty much any anti perspirant will make your arms feel wet when applied. You gotta wait for it to dry.

Yeah I guess. I do find it annoying after I've had a shower and dried, I apply antiperspirant and then put a t-shirt on, it always dampens the armpit of the t-shirt. Maybe I should be applying it a while before getting dressed.

Soldato
Does anyone on here have any experience of 'Scent addict' or similar? Essentially you pick an amount of smellies(in this case 12), they post small bottles them to you on a monthly basis, next month you can keep the smells the same or change.

I've been using lacoste red for a few years and had positive comments on it across that time, but just looking for some new options too.

On that note, if anyone can suggest some for the box then feel free. 26, Male(obviously) working in a (close to) office environment :)

Soldato
Does anyone on here have any experience of 'Scent addict' or similar? Essentially you pick an amount of smellies(in this case 12), they post small bottles them to you on a monthly basis, next month you can keep the smells the same or change.

I've been using lacoste red for a few years and had positive comments on it across that time, but just looking for some new options too.

On that note, if anyone can suggest some for the box then feel free. 26, Male(obviously) working in a (close to) office environment :)

In my opinion it's pointless as you can buy 5ml decants of various fragrances instead. Just look through this thread for ideas. :)

Associate
In my opinion it's pointless as you can buy 5ml decants of various fragrances instead. Just look through this thread for ideas. :)

Where do you get the decants form? Im a bit concered that the 'sample sites' are using legit stuff. Any suggestions?

Soldato
Where do you get the decants form? Im a bit concered that the 'sample sites' are using legit stuff. Any suggestions?

I always get mine from eBay and have never had an issue with suspected fakes. Just check the sellers feedback.

Aside from that I often get a bunch of samples when I go to House of Fraser. I just say I'm looking for a birthday present for my dad and want some samples to take home and ask for my mum's verdict. They're always super helpful and I walk away with a bunch of free samples.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Associate
https://www.fragrancesamplesuk.com/ or https://www.scentsamples.uk.com/

Both legit and I've used both. The former is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKfTEB-ST8LuDApi1iKKBLQ

Also, check out the splits board on http://www.basenotes.net/forum.php - Palmolive in particular. I've bought loads from him. :)

Thank you. I did use scentsamples actually. Ordered 1ml Aventus, 1ml Green Irish Tweed just to test them. I have 'clones' of both, well just a sample clone of GIT. I sprayed the clone of GIT on one wrist then the 'scent sample GIT' on the other. The real one just kept getting better, it smelt more natural and had better depth. 100% getting some of the real stuff.

The Aventus I done the same, 'clone' is from Copycat off of Instagram haha, and the Club de nuit one as well. I maybe a bit noseblind to these as I couldnt really say the legit one was really any better, maybe 10% at most. With the GIT it was at least 25% better.

Have just signed up on basenotes! I assume he is just buying the 500ml bottles and splitting them down?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Before you splash out on GIT, see if you can get a sample of Parfums Vintage, Emerald Isle and Verbena Fields. :)

Aventus batches, some are good some not as good. Generally speaking the newer 19XXX batches are a bit poor especially in the longevity stakes. Or that's what I read anyway, have a sniff of PV's Emperor Extrait.

All the above are available from Fragsamples or PV directly.

Yeah Palm and Morrison74, both UK based, they just split and decant.

Associate
Before you splash out on GIT, see if you can get a sample of Parfums Vintage, Emerald Isle and Verbena Fields. :)

Aventus batches, some are good some not as good. Generally speaking the newer 19XXX batches are a bit poor especially in the longevity stakes. Or that's what I read anyway, have a sniff of PV's Emperor Extrait.

All the above are available from Fragsamples or PV directly.

Yeah Palm and Morrison74, both UK based, they just split and decant.

Thanks again, will check them out. I assume they are similar to GIT at a much lower price point?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yes, PV still aren't as cheap as some of the clones, Armaf for example. But the quality if just as good as the OG's. They use decent ingredients too.

Associate
Yes, PV still aren't as cheap as some of the clones, Armaf for example. But the quality if just as good as the OG's. They use decent ingredients too.

Cheers.

Just order a few samples.
Creed Bois du Portugal1ML SPRAY SAMPLE 1 £3.26
MI_small.jpg

1 Creed Millesime Imperial3ML SPRAY SAMPLE 1 £8.41
Tobacco_Vanille_small.jpg

1 Tom Ford Private Blend Tobacco Vanille2ML SPRAY SAMPLE 1 £6.93
vf_small.JPG

1 Parfums Vintage Verbena Fields2ML SPRAY SAMPLE 1 £5.86
Verbena_small.JPG

1 Parfums Vintage Emerald Isle3ML SPRAY SAMPLE

I had to make it £30 to get a free one chucked in haha. I put GIT on again today 8am can still smell it on my wrist although faint.

Soldato
Cheers.

Just order a few samples.
Creed Bois du Portugal1ML SPRAY SAMPLE 1 £3.26
MI_small.jpg

1 Creed Millesime Imperial3ML SPRAY SAMPLE 1 £8.41
Tobacco_Vanille_small.jpg

1 Tom Ford Private Blend Tobacco Vanille2ML SPRAY SAMPLE 1 £6.93
vf_small.JPG

1 Parfums Vintage Verbena Fields2ML SPRAY SAMPLE 1 £5.86
Verbena_small.JPG

1 Parfums Vintage Emerald Isle3ML SPRAY SAMPLE

I had to make it £30 to get a free one chucked in haha. I put GIT on again today 8am can still smell it on my wrist although faint.

Good choices. I love Bois du Portugal, really good formal night scent.

Back
Top Bottom