Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Underwhelmed to say the least. This season has been so rushed and it's shown with awful dialogue. Fair enough that some people have enjoyed it, but when you have what looks like at least a 80/20 split in favour of haters, you've cocked something up.

Man of Honour
Wait, why did Drogon melt the throne and fly off :p

Why is there a nights watch? :D Also, the unsullied left, why does he even need to go now?

Nonsense.

Oh, an Arya spin off too :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I've enjoyed it, as a bit of mindless entertainment.

The War of the Five Kings was excellent. Everything outside of that was various shades of crap really. Game of Thrones was at its best when it was dealing with Westerosi power politics, and at its worst when dealing with high-fantasy elements.

Soldato
Is there a Night's Watch?

I took it as the Westerosi basically taking the pee out of Grey Worm. He's evidently a bit dim if he really believed Jon was going to be punished for killing the Mad Queen.

"How about we don't kill him, and we send him to the wall to serve there instead?"

"You mean like a slave soldier?"

"Erm... yeah. Slave soldier. Yup. He's definitely going to be doing that slave soldiering thing. He'll be miserable [and definitely won't be off beyond the Wall to drink Giant's Milk with his buddy Tormund...]"

Soldato
You mean episode 3 no? They legit got wiped out and then all reappear again. The unsullied were some what similar too. So ridiculous.

Yeah. Typo.

Not really sure why nobody in the production team noticed the inconsistency. Watching Episode 5, I found it odd to see any Dothraki. But I wrote it off as just being a few meagre survivors. Then... boom. Here's hundreds (maybe thousands?) of them. Apparently being swamped by tens of thousands of undead is a mere inconvenience to the horse lords...

Last edited:
Soldato
The clever dragon explanation is my favourite TBH. Nobody alive at the time of the show really knows anything about dragons. Anyone that may have done died when Valyria fell. People can ride them, without reigns or verbal commands. And they understand verbal instructions, with context (i.e. Dany says "Dracarys" and Drogon knows that he needs to burn someone, and who that person is). They're evidently not stupid creatures. I wouldn't be wholly surprised if they're revealed to be brighter than the petty idiots who ride them.

Associate
My first thought was that it was trying to cover for Jon, and he buggered off with the body to make it look like he’d melted the throne with Danaerys on it, so as to open the way for Jon to become king.

On the blu-ray extras, there is a deleted scene where it flies back with a mop and bucket to get rid of the blood stain.

Soldato
Wait, why did Drogon melt the throne and fly off :p

Gameofthrones_DrogonMeme.png

Caporegime
Not really sure why nobody in the production team noticed the inconsistency. Watching Episode 5, I found it odd to see any Dothraki. But I wrote it off as just being a few meagre survivors. Then... boom. Here's hundreds (maybe thousands?) of them. Apparently being swamped by tens of thousands of undead is a mere inconvenience to the horse lords...

Dany's forces are described as being 130,000 strong before the Battle of Winterfell, and 30,000 strong after. They lose almost no-one in the Sack of Kings Landing. That's still a lot of men. The Dothraki get creamed at Winterfell, tens of thousands of them die, but that still leaves a hefty number of them because she brought 70,000 or so across the Narrow Sea. Enough to have ride out in a square. Same with the Unsullied, she's described as losing half of them which still leaves a few thousand. Enough to line up and look impressive in a square.

Back
Top Bottom