£600 Fortnite Machine

Soldato
Hi,

It's been a few years since I kept up with hardware and GFX cards.

My nephew is looking for a PC to play Fortnite and do some music editing, though he's clear the Fortnite side of things is key.

Don't need a case as we have a couple lying around, so it's just the guts he needs.

I'm happy to build it with him so hit me with some bits!

TIA.

Soldato
Hi,

It's been a few years since I kept up with hardware and GFX cards.

My nephew is looking for a PC to play Fortnite and do some music editing, though he's clear the Fortnite side of things is key.

Don't need a case as we have a couple lying around, so it's just the guts he needs.

I'm happy to build it with him so hit me with some bits!

TIA.

I've assumed he needs WiFi, so included it on the board (money could be saved here if not needed). The Carbon is a quality B450 with decent VRMS (great for clocking and future CPU upgrades) and will accommodate Zen 2 if he decides to upgrade in the future. The 2600 comes with a decent stock cooler - ideally he would get a 2600X (but OcUK price is steep). Plus it comes with two free games - which could be sold to offset total cost. Ideally, if he was going to clock he would add a third party cooler - but he could hit 3.7GHz across all cores with stock...

Fortnite will flatter the RX 570 8Gb but it's a capable budget card at 1080p - plus this card comes with same 2 free games, again you could sell on and offset costs.

Basically, you would get 4 free games; 2 of which he could keep (as same games) - or sell all 4 and either reduce cost by ~£80 or spend the anticipated additional on better GPU, if he plans on playing AAA games in the future.

Took off shipping as free for you:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: ~£623.04
An example of Fortnite running at epic settings on a RX 570 and 2600 clocked to 4GHz:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Much appreciated mate. Will send him the link (and his parents...) and hopefully get him interested in building his own machines.

Soldato
There are a couple of great deals going about of bundles of the Ryzen 5 2600 and a RX570 4Gb for around £230 which is a solid base for a nice little fortnite machine :)

Back
Top Bottom