John Wick- Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019)

Caporegime
Thoroughly enjoyed it, went and saw it with the missus last night and it just...pure awesomeness.

A few parts did have me laughing because of just how ludicrous it was. I mean how is it John can take on a whole army of killers and come out with a few scratches here or there lol.
Nice to see the concierge got some proper screen time, always found him endearing in the 2nd movie. Couldn’t help but laugh along with the cinema when they both come back and say need more firepower and winston sitting there going help yourself:p

But regardless it was immense good fun and even the missus enjoyed it. She now wants to watch the first 2 lol.

Soldato
Nice to see the concierge got some proper screen time, always found him endearing in the 2nd movie. Couldn’t help but laugh along with the cinema when they both come back and say need more firepower and winston sitting there going help yourself:p

That scene was brilliant. Especially with how the first few kills followed up. I didn't see it coming, even from Mr Wick!

So glad a 4th has been ordered.

Caporegime
Really good "funny" film up until when they invaded the hotel and I thought it went down a notch, the longer, drawn-out fights looked a bit "lower quality more choreographed " and i wasnt so keen on reused jokes "wow so you are john wick hahaahahaha" funny first time 2nd time (fighting the 2 short guys) was a bit.... ok .

But a solid 8.99999999/10 from me.

The start was absolutely brutal (knives galore) and those ball shredding dogs lol...

Soldato
Saw this again today, regarding how awesome the dogs were, Keanu spoke about them in a interview and said that Halle trained with them for 6+ months and they followed her just like in the film, They were hers to command. Him and others on the set were fine, but were given instructions on how to act around them, ie Don't look them in the eye, or in general no sudden moves without their command presence. They are highly trained attack dogs, honestly this film was awesome, can't wait for the next one.

Video on Keanu/Halle training, Halle hadn't even fired a gun before this movie!

Associate
Saw this last night. It was amazing 9/10 for sheer entertainment. The knife scene in the the shop near the start was epic. The dogs were brilliant. "Need more firepower". So brutal and great.

But yes it is ridiculous how he takes it all and keeps going. Like these 3 movies are probably over a timespan of a few weeks at most. No recovery time for all these injuries haha. But it's best not to think about it and just enjoy.

Soldato
The only thing that I was disappointed about the movie was that there was no mentioning about Wick and his skill with the pencil :D

Probably good as its been over done. Watched JW2 in readiness for when I go see it BH Monday and totally forgot they send the Ex-Communicado command out on a Vic 20 at the end of the film ! :) Pity its not plugged in though. :(

9ks5zc.jpg

Soldato
Watched this last week after reading all the love for it here.

I really enjoyed the first movie. The second also, but less so.

Whilst I enjoyed the 3rd. I’m just not feeling quite the same love. The knife fight scene was mental. Very well done. The dog bit, cool as well.

What I didn’t really enjoy was the final few fights. Seemed lots of rinse and repeat. Just how many times did Keanu do that same role move. Was like playing SF2T back in the day and being fireball spammed. Plus was it just me me or did he just look tired at the end. Nice of them to wait for him to catch his breath :)

Don’t get me wrong. I really enjoyed it and he is such a dude. 7-10

Man of Honour
Saw this yesterday. Very enjoyable cinema watch with lots of laughing and gasping at appropriate times.

Plot of course a total nonsense (with some of the most pointless and absurd 180 plot flips I’ve ever seen) but here they are saying “oh so you like action - how about THIS” so expecting anything at all with plot is almost to miss the point.

That said I definitely did get action fatigue. By the final few fight scenes I did begin clock watching. The second motorcycle scene, for example, seemed redundant. Perhaps if the film was a little leaner it wouldn’t have this problem.

7/10

Back
Top Bottom