What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Had a brake caliper start sticking back in Feb. Didn't realise until after a couple of long motorway journeys so it had done a number on the pads and disc. Got all replaced. New caliper started sticking again a month later so took it back and got it swapped for a new one. Now it's started sticking again. Not bad enough to notice when driving but got out of the car after a motorway blast yesterday and could smell it and feel the heat coming off.

Surely not 2 faulty new calipers in a row but any ideas what could be causing it?

Soldato
Other day had my car remapped by someone who actually knows what they’re doing and logged on the road.

My existing map wasn’t very good, with it having safety parameters turned off.

Safe to say, the car goes reasonably fast now.

Associate
Swapped cars with my girlfriend yesterday as she had a work event in Essex, so she had my Volvo T5 for the day. Amazingly she managed 41.8mpg, which is higher than I've ever seen from a 5 pot turbo! Even more impressive......she noticed a smell coming through the air vents on the way home.

She described it as a 'sweet curry' smell - Can only be coolant :(

Stripped apart a load of the dash last night after it had cooled off, assumed the heater matrix was leaking, no puddles on the carpet though. Turns out one of the O rings is weeping, which is a relief as the heater matrix requires nearly the entire dash to come out, around 5 hours of labour at Volvo.

Coolant flush + few O rings and clamps and it'll be sorted. Not the easiest of jobs though - One for the long weekend.

RW8km90.jpg

Caporegime
You have the best girlfriend haha. :p

Other day had my car remapped by someone who actually knows what they’re doing and logged on the road.

My existing map wasn’t very good, with it having safety parameters turned off.

Safe to say, the car goes reasonably fast now.

Good stuff, so you down for a dyno day? ;)

Caporegime
Scratched the peely horrid soft touch rubber coating off of the front door pulls and the climate knobs in the Ovlov. Didn't think to take before and after pics but its much better! :p

Back
Top Bottom