Your life in their hands!

Capodecina
Soldato
The new Prime Minister will be chosen from a shortlist of two (who are themselves selected by 313 Tories) by some 124,000 Tory party members.

I wonder how representative of the electorate these 124,000 are?
  • How many are male?
  • How many are past retirement age?
  • How many come from ethnic minorities?
  • How many are on zero hours contracts at minimum wage?
  • How many survive on handouts from food banks?
  • How many don't own one or more houses?

And these right-wing scumbags claim that they only wish to respect democracy :rolleyes:

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
There is talk of a televised debate between the contenders - WHY? It is allegedly an internal party political contest with no possible wider national interest.

If it goes ahead, it is going to be interesting to see how Bonker Boris and Wormtongue Gove deal with one another ;)

Soldato
The new Prime Minister will be chosen from a shortlist of two (who are themselves selected by 313 Tories) by some 124,000 Tory party members.

• How many are male?

And these right-wing scumbags claim that they only wish to respect democracy :rolleyes:

Are there age, gender, class or racial barriers to becoming a Conservative party member?

Do the tories have a declared/ expected list of candidates that includes women....

(Andrea Leadsom, Estey McVey, Nickey Morgan, Loz Truss Priti Patel and Penny Mordant)

People of colour.....

Priti Patel and Sajid Javid

People from non privelleged backgrounds...

Some pretty young candidates for prime minster (Matt Hancock in 40)

???

Has every past Labour leader (excluding thoose acting for a few months at a time) been a white male?

Is stockhausen being a race/gender/age baiter by suggesting that things like race, age and gender should be primary indicators of political affiliation?

Last edited:
Soldato
Clearly, the Tories need to rapidly elect a disabled transsexual Palestinian refugee who’s been living in a skip behind a KFC Croydon for the last decade to keep stockhausen happy.

Chris Grayling can probably fulfil some of these criteria. His level of intellect will cancel most of the other requirements.

Soldato

• How many are male?

My main concern is how many aren't Boris Johnson.

Values are what matter when it comes to representing the electorate, not arbitrary characteristics. Except of course to the Left.

BTW, Tories have had TWO female leaders. How many has your party had?

Soldato

• How many are male?

Equal opportunity not equal outcome.

Take your quotas and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Soldato
Hi Stockhausen, they are elected Members of Parliament, if you have a problem with the people representing you then the blame lays with the voters. I'm not sure why you'd expect or want someone who relies on food banks to run the country though, you can earn enough to feed yourself on minimum wage with correct budgeting.

Back
Top Bottom