And Lewis Hamilton wins his 6th championship!

Soldato
yet another tedium of no one able to compete with Merc

Had high hopes of Ferrari (and Leclerc inparticular) at least challenging them but doesn't look like the case.

Was also hoping for Bottas to be able to get off the line well......so a race that lasted all of 10 seconds :)

Would so love F1 to enforce "success" ballast that WRC used at some point in the distant past but with a difference …..if you win 3 races in a row, you have three amounts of ballast....lose a race and you only go down to two blocks of ballast and so on.

I so want to love F1 (again) - but the FIA make it very very difficult.

Man of Honour
Well Hamilton must have a good chance at this. As predicted in post 2 Mercedes have already outdeveloped everyone. Ferrari still don’t even understand their car and they are due to start the 2020 car soon.

I never thought I would see someone get close to Schumachers 7, but Hamilton could have a real shot.

Soldato
Indeed, it looks like Bottas is the only competition for Hamilton in 2019. We haven't seen too many reliability concerns yet either, but it is just too early to tell tbh while Bottas remains close as one DNF can change everything.

Mercedes continue to be hugely, hugely impressive. When you consider how Ferrari had the better car for much of last year, yet blew it because of Vettel's errors and Ferrari being Ferrari, they've somehow managed to improve over the winter and then move ahead so quickly since the beginning of this season. Ferrari have made their improvement look even better by being static at best.

That Ferrari brand is being slowly eroded, year after year.

Man of Honour
Another step closer. It was a championship drive today and by Mercedes own admission Hamilton corrected their mistake. He will go down as one of the greatest.

Caporegime
Well it has to be said, ditching Mclaren and jumping ship to Mercedes has turned out to be one of the best F1 career moves ever.

Congrats Lewis. One of the all time greats now and he will go down as a true F1 legend.

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom