• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Man of Honour
6c - £200
8c - £ 300
12c - £ 450
16c - £ 650

my speculation
Hah. Just about called it...and I was told:
The 6 core Ryzen 3 has to compete with the i3 so will be priced accordingly. The 8 core Ryzen 5 is completing against i5. The 12 core Ryzen 7 is completing against i7.

The prices you suggest will put the AMD processors well above the price of their Intel counterparts.

Soldato
It could be the leaks were accurate at the time and as mentioned AMD tweaked the clocks and have held them back a little to counter Intel if needed?

Man of Honour
i did tell people that core core still kept up the same naming , and that 4 core ryzens do exist .... but APU versions

ah, got a surprised for you and the others actaully!
Yeah. As much as I'd love amd to drop prices and gain mindshare...they are a business after all. Many people keep forgetting that. Especially the rabid amd fangirls...and then get disappointed and take their frustration out on the company that they supposedly "support".

Ooooo what surprise!?

Soldato
@Plec @tamzzy @EsaT @lee32uk

@Gibbo - ocuk is the first i believe to host these pics :D

wBbH7II.jpg

Aorus ITX . either 7 or 8 vcore phases
I3THPhW.jpg

Elite
D4AQPgp.jpg

Master is 12+2 design ( Media state 14 phases for both vcore and soc). They have been upgraded from Z390 IR 3553 40amps to IR 3556 50 amps (run cooler too)
MdV7SKf.jpg

Pro
YBjVCSH.jpg

as was wrong about all boards using a fan on chipset bar Xtreme .. think translation got mixed up

Soldato
It could be the leaks were accurate at the time and as mentioned AMD tweaked the clocks and have held them back a little to counter Intel if needed?

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind Lisa didn't give us the full and complete line up earlier this morning. AMD have to have something better held back to counter anything Intel do this year.

Soldato
Trying to catch up this morning with all the news, proper reviews are definitely needed. If you still need a top board and high speed, low latency RAM to get the best out of the platform the entry price is still going to be really high which is disappointing.

Hopefully for all the people who have been holding on to those quad cores the Ryzen 3 8 core chips give near maximum performance with lower end x570 boards and ~3000mhz ram so the cost of the upgrade is reasonable.

Soldato
so.....from what i've picked up so far it's not the bloodbath slaughter of intels products we had hoped for but not far from it?! when do we think we'll start to see independent gaming benchmarks?

that aorus extreme is looking stunning!!

Man of Honour
Now just need to see the benches. Is the 8c 3800x better for gaming than the 12c 3900x, due not requiring inter-die ccx...I wonder

Soldato
Somebody PLEASE tell me those ITX Asus boards are just prototypes? I lost my mind reading the words "Crosshair VIII Impact" a while ago, but it's just monstrous, as is the Strix I :(

No pictures yet of the Gigabyte Gaming I either.

Edit: just saw orbitalwalsh's post. Still sad face :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Somebody PLEASE tell me those ITX Asus boards are just prototypes? I lost my mind reading the words "Crosshair VIII Impact" a while ago, but it's just monstrous, as is the Strix I :(

No pictures yet of the Gigabyte Gaming I either.

Edit: just saw orbitalwalsh's post. Still sad face :(

dont think they have the Gaming X in the suite. expect it to look similar to current z390 though

aorus itx isnt to bad, bar the small fan

Now just need to see the benches. Is the 8c 3800x better for gaming than the 12c 3900x, due not requiring inter-die ccx...I wonder

8 core from what i've been told , as you mention inter die as well as running the risk of one IMC being weaker then the other

right, changed mind from Aorus Pro to eithe elite or Ultra/Master now haha. not liking the looks

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Not impressed by that pricing, they aint killing off intel anytime soon and marketshare will suffer because of it. If the 8 core aint beating the 9900k in gta 5 at 720p with a 2080ti then it's a fail IMO.

Caporegime
Will pre orders open at exactly the same time that reviews are published then?

Currently weighing up a 12 core 32GB 4000MHz monster vs. a sensible 3700X 16GB 3200MHz build.

As cool as 12 cores is, unless you're video editing etc. I can't see there being any point paying so much more for a 12 core for gaming usage, at least now.

By the time there's any real difference in gaming Zen2+ will be with us.

Soldato
Not impressed by that pricing, they aint killing off intel anytime soon and marketshare will suffer because of it. If the 8 core aint beating the 9900k in gta 5 at 720p with a 2080ti then it's a fail IMO.

pcie 4.0 for servers.... they'll get marketshare all right ! will take time.... but hard to ignore that power!

Will pre orders open at exactly the same time that reviews are published then?

Currently weighing up a 12 core 32GB 4000MHz monster vs. a sensible 3700X 16GB 3200MHz build.

As cool as 12 cores is, unless you're video editing etc. I can't see there being any point paying so much more for a 12 core for gaming usage, at least now.

By the time there's any real difference in gaming Zen2+ will be with us.

3800x and 3600 ;)

dont forget Samsung B-Die is no longer produced , will expect ram pricing for those IC to increase whiles others decrease

Back
Top Bottom