BrightBurn (2019)

Soldato
This seems to have slipped under my radar. There's very little info on it? Assume it's been and gone at the cinema (was it even advertised)?

Not even a sniff of it on the usual sites either.

Strange.

Soldato
This seems to have slipped under my radar. There's very little info on it? Assume it's been and gone at the cinema (was it even advertised)?

Not even a sniff of it on the usual sites either.

Strange.

I've just checked on IMDB and the UK release is the 19th June

But it says
UK 19 June 2019 (censored version)

:confused:

It's the only release in the whole list that says it's censored :rolleyes:

Soldato
I've just checked on IMDB and the UK release is the 19th June

But it says

:confused:

It's the only release in the whole list that says it's censored :rolleyes:

Ah, thanks. Yeah, that does seem strange.

Almost like we're back in the 90s with the late censored releases. Wonder if it will take a year before we can rent, then another year before we can buy it lol

Man of Honour
I wouldn’t get too bummed out over losing a few seconds of footage (which seems to be the difference between the 18 and unrated versions of films). I seriously doubt a whole scene is going to be removed.

Trailer looks promising!

Associate
This film was originally seen for advice at which stage the company was informed it was likely to be classified 18 uncut but that their preferred 15 classification could be achieved by making reductions to two scenes featuring both strong gory images and a dwelling on the infliction of pain and injury. When the film was submitted for formal classification these scenes had been acceptably reduced.

Soldato
I quite enjoyed this - going in I kind of expected a "Superman gone bad" kind of film, whereas I got, almost, a horror slasher but with a different kind of protagonist.
Felt atmospheric in places, some good death scenes for those that like a little gore.
Not going to say this was anything spectacular, but definitely above some of the dross that has been released this year.

Soldato
It's a terrible film.

When did Elizabeth Banks become such a terrible actress? Just the worst in this film.
Boy can't act and shouldn't have been the lead.
Unimaginative in almost every way. Set pieces are boring and predictable and gore for the sake of it adds nothing.#
Stupid dialogue. Really bad writing and very cliched ideas here.

Shame.

4/10.

Soldato
I thought it was very good, it seemed a teaser to something more, low budget; yes but I think it's more a studio dipping it's toe with something different and it could work out quite well if they continue with it.

Man of Honour
Even though I didn't score it I did end up being disappointed, there could have been a whole lot more including turning his bullies inside out.
I can't see a follow up being any good, super power boy just destroying everything.

Associate
Terrible film glad i have a monthly unlimited plan at cineworld. Thankfully we watched the new MIB straight after and that was pretty good.

It feels like they didn’t care about this film and just wanted to make sure they had a sequel.

Soldato
Watched this last night, it wasn't the worst film I've ever seen but I think the biggest issue for me, is what could have been.

This 'could' have been absolutely brilliant. Great take on the superman story, but it ended up just being a bit boring.

Back
Top Bottom