*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Permabanned
Yup, that vehicle kill in the trailer is the only time you will ever see one. Going to be interesting to see what they do to nerf it for the rage its generating when used against infantry. Make it more like the AT gun from BF1 maybe (maybe should have been just a pick up).

problem is if they up the power to stop tanks, how can it not one shot a guy.
they made it a sniper class gun, should move it over the engineer make it more focused to tank kill's.

Associate
Wait till next week when all of us who can't be arsed to grind the achievments list to get it, just go and buy it. I've got 145,000 burning a hole now. :D

Associate
I can't believe people still play this.

I've put about 50 hours into this on release and loaded up it yesterday for the first time in a while after numerous 'big updates' to find that still, nothing had changed.......Still no new maps?!

Soldato
Still no new maps?!

the game was dead on arrival but for what its worth:

Chapter 3: Trial By Fire - March 28-June

• March 25: Firestorm
  • April: 2 New Combined Arms missions plus new matchmaking and Hardcore mode
  • May: New Map - Mercury
  • June: New Mode - Outpost
  • Duos in Firestorm
  • Weekly Rewards include six new weapons
Chapter 4: Defying the Odds - June

• New Maps and Modes - Up Close and Personal
  • CQC content and a 5v5 mode in specially designed arenas
  • New Map - Marita
  • New Map - Urban Combat
Chapter 5: Awakening the Giant - Fall

• All-out invasion in a new theater of war

Associate
Tried to fire this up the other day after not playing it for a couple of months since firestorm came out. I did a rather large 20 something GB update and noww crashes on the game on launch. Updated GPU drivers but still same thing. Oh well. Other games work fine. Had to free up some C: drive space several times during the update due to its ridiculous space demands to update so that may have corrupted the game somehow. Guess I'll just uninstall!

Caporegime
Tried to fire this up the other day after not playing it for a couple of months since firestorm came out. I did a rather large 20 something GB update and noww crashes on the game on launch. Updated GPU drivers but still same thing. Oh well. Other games work fine. Had to free up some C: drive space several times during the update due to its ridiculous space demands to update so that may have corrupted the game somehow. Guess I'll just uninstall!

Could try the repair option by right clicking on the icon and selecting that.

Soldato
Game worth playing yet?

Is that mercury map the only new one the game has had since release?!

It's better than it was, but not much better.
Visibility has improved
Movement has improved
Attrition has been slightly toned down.
There have been a couple of interesting weapons added, but you needed to complete assignments to unlock them.
There have been some good game modes added IMO (grind, squad conquest, rush), but DICE have a habit of removing them after 2 weeks to "avoid splitting the playerbase".
Firestorm isn't bad per-se, but it has no place in a mainline battlefield, and does not attract the same playerbase.
Conquest assault was taken out back and put down. Hamada now has conquest, it's still unbalanced, but not as bad as before.

There was panzerstorm added months ago if you haven't played that map, but it's a torrid affair if you play infantry, and is probably better in grand ops than conquest.
New map tomorrow which might be good, but on it's own won't save the game, the other June maps and modes I suspect are exclusively for sweaty pro mode (incursions2)

Probably the most poisonous thing about the game after the cuckoo that is firestorm is the weekly assignments which is where the new weapons come, forcing people to play maps, modes and play styles they don't necessarily want to play. As everyone ends up trying to achieve the same thing at the same time, you can end up with a team of assaults all trying to get a turret disable on a tank or something equally unhelpful for those players who prefer the daily challenge of PTFO and win.

I suspect the real new meat for traditional players will be in the Autumn release with new factions, maps and free custom servers.

Soldato
I suspect the real new meat for traditional players will be in the Autumn release with new factions, maps and free custom servers.

Only a new game going back to true BF (bf3/bc2/bf4) will ever bring the masses back. I can't see that happening now after the crud that this studio has released over the past few years. BF is finished if it continues this casual low bob turd.

Associate
Is everyone's Origin working ok? the one time I want to play this frigging game all my games in my library are not available and get a error "Apologies for the inconvenience, we’re currently unable to retrieve your list of games. Please reload and try again."

Brilliant :rolleyes:
Tried clearing cache too, same thing.

EDIT - NVM changed nothing and it now works. Here we go Greece.

Soldato
I was under the impression that's if you missed weapons on tides of war you could later buy them with company coin. If this is the case, how? I can't find the weapons I have missed anywhere....:confused:

Associate
I was under the impression that's if you missed weapons on tides of war you could later buy them with company coin. If this is the case, how? I can't find the weapons I have missed anywhere....:confused:
They just appear/unlock in my class weapon selection (select change weapon). Choose it then buy it.

Back
Top Bottom