Spec me a Vacuum

Soldato
If you live in a smaller place like a flat or small house i'd 100% go for a cordless Dyson!

I live in a 2 bed flat and got one last year and it's great. We've got a mix of laminate/carpet and it works great on both, and is so hand to just grab and whizz around the place. Never noticed it not picking up anything. Also handy for getting codwebs and into awkward places.

I got a V6 for £199.99 when Dyson we're doing 12 months 0% finance on their online store, worth every penny.

I don't even think Dyson sell corded vacuums anymore because they can get such good suction from their cordless models.

We have a Dyson V6 - had it a few years from when we lived in a small flat. Now we live in a house, there's a few more rooms to do. We've been using it twice a week since we moved in a few years ago, and I was happy with it - kept it clean, new filters every 6 months etc. Just two of us, no pets or kids. Then my parents lent me their Dyson Ball Upright which is a few years old and this was the result, directly after vacuuming with the Dyson V6...

Soldato
We have a Dyson V6 - had it a few years from when we lived in a small flat. Now we live in a house, there's a few more rooms to do. We've been using it twice a week since we moved in a few years ago, and I was happy with it - kept it clean, new filters every 6 months etc. Just two of us, no pets or kids. Then my parents lent me their Dyson Ball Upright which is a few years old and this was the result, directly after vacuuming with the Dyson V6...

Oh lordy now I feel dirty :o

Been meaning to borrow a friends Karcher Puzzi and think I need to get it organised :p

Soldato
I have a Charles , it’s a Henry but with wet vacuum too, I’ve probably removed a few tons of rubble, sawdust, nails and other crud over of the years, cleaned my car seats with it a few weeks ago too, you’re right they are quite cumbersome but they’re well built and the suction power is excellent, I’ll get another when over finished decorating and keep one upstairs and one downstairs

We have a Charles living with us too :D

Soldato
you've got to laugh at the psychology they try to employ in these bloody dyson tv adverts
" Dyson V10 technology yours for only £350 "
where do they get off, even Apple are a bit more subtle
and when did the tech/value in a vacuum cleaner correspond to >half of a washing machine for example ? which could be picked up for £600, easily.

Associate
you've got to laugh at the psychology they try to employ in these bloody dyson tv adverts
" Dyson V10 technology yours for only £350 "
where do they get off, even Apple are a bit more subtle
and when did the tech/value in a vacuum cleaner correspond to >half of a washing machine for example ? which could be picked up for £600, easily.
you seen the price of the new apple monitor stand makes even dyson look cheap

Soldato
ive got the shark liftaway love the way it comes to bits without searching for a cross head screwdriver i.e roller and brush and a little tool to get hairs out ,maybe there all like this these days !
liftaway mode is geat for doing the car

Soldato
Quick question, I've just bought the Miele classic junior from Hughes, was on offer for £129.

I've noticed that when you pull the cord out, it won't lock and the reel pulls the cable back in, is this a feature or is it broken?

Caporegime
Quick question, I've just bought the Miele classic junior from Hughes, was on offer for £129.

I've noticed that when you pull the cord out, it won't lock and the reel pulls the cable back in, is this a feature or is it broken?

broken. it should only go back in when you press the button

Soldato
We just bought a Vax Air Lift Pet Max, fraction of the cost of a Dyson and the fact you can lift the cyclonic part away from the upright makes it a better design for also being used on the stairs. For a £130 they're a complete steal.

Soldato

You replaced washable filters every months?

They dont need replacing

Soldato
After a Dyson and a Vax which both have broke within 3 years I've gone for a Henry which I must admit seems to suck like a trooper. The cleaner seemed happy with my purchase too. Obviously it's early days with it but they seem to get glowing reviews and was a third of the price of the Dyson and half the price of the Vax I had previously.

Soldato
We just bought a Vax Air Lift Pet Max, fraction of the cost of a Dyson and the fact you can lift the cyclonic part away from the upright makes it a better design for also being used on the stairs. For a £130 they're a complete steal.
It'll fall apart. Wont seem like such a bargain then lol.

I literally broke the handle off our vac air3 pet - they arent built to last.

Soldato
I’ve got a Meile. Dunno if what model. It has a rotary dial. On full it lifts the carpets and sucks cat toys towards it across the floor. That said, that’s setting is supposed to be for hard floors and does overheat after a couple of minutes if used ruining carpets.

Back
Top Bottom