Who's had a hair transplant?

Caporegime
I don't know the OP, but I doubt he (or his inlaws) have £35k to spend on a hair transplant.

Have a look at The Belgravia Centre, an ex-colleague of mine used them and had good results.

You would think someone like Conte. A millionaire would have done his research. He has 1 fail then another. His third was extremely successful.

I'd like to see how your ex-colleague looks after 5 years. Rooney for instance the hair still looks like pubes and it doesn't look good at all.

I'm willing to bet he used the top people in the UK too. He looks better than before but not great like Conte.

Commissario
You would think someone like Conte. A millionaire would have done his research. He has 1 fail then another. His third was extremely successful.

I'd like to see how your ex-colleague looks after 5 years. Rooney for instance the hair still looks like pubes and it doesn't look good at all.

I'm willing to bet he used the top people in the UK too. He looks better than before but not great like Conte.
We're not talking about Conte ffs, this is a forum member!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Go bald or go home,

It takes a good couple of years for the shiny scalp to work its magic to look good, you need a minimum of 5 occasions of sun burn and 2 of those need to be really stinging it hurts when the wind blows on it. Then the routine of a grade 0 every couple of days for the sides :)

Associate
Been thinning for 10yrs slowly each time i wash my bonce i see more hair coming out really disturbing but nothing i can do about it! I bought some minioxdyl stuff for awhile but just couldn't be faffed with it. It is what it is can't fight it and i wouldn't spend money as some of those hairlines look ridiculous most of the time. Rooneys is awful for example.
Got the classic pickle egg coming on the crown. I will probably start shaving it in another 4-5yrs as it progresses.

Soldato
Lmao, what's wrong with wanting to look good?

Cost, infertility, a very high risk of it looking awful.

The trouble is that people seem to think a hair transplant will make them look good, when often it wont. It might look younger their their thinning comb-over but so would a mullet or a rat tail. often going really short or shaven will be better. Worst comes to worst, you can always get a hair transplant after if you still are insecure about your look

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
You could go down the Lewis Hamilton route and get one of those fancy 'hair systems' which are basically stick on toupee's.

Not sure id ever be able to get one if I went bald but the difference in the guys appearance in that video is remarkable and makes it pretty easy to see why some men value having hair highly.

Is it glued to his head or just stretched on like a swimming cap? Surely it's not very practical in hot weather, what happens when you sweat?

Soldato
On TV at least, they look very convincing.
this is the problem with prosthetics+surgery (body cosmetic surgeries too) though, they invariably fool few people, especially friends,
maybe your peer group have the same vanities; but for other folks, they may pre-judge you .... prejudice in job interviews ?

Live and let live, but, social media driven, there seem to be an increasing segment of humanity, trying to conform to some essex/loveisland/kardacian, itself cosmetically created, blue-print.

The Bruce Willis film Surrogates comes to mind - the end game ?

Soldato
Cost, infertility, a very high risk of it looking awful.

The trouble is that people seem to think a hair transplant will make them look good, when often it wont. It might look younger their their thinning comb-over but so would a mullet or a rat tail. often going really short or shaven will be better. Worst comes to worst, you can always get a hair transplant after if you still are insecure about your look

The risk factors for hair loss drugs are vastly overblown and in the very tiny single digits for actual side effects. Don't let hypochondria cloud your judgement.

Caporegime
LOL @ the in laws here, the signs that they don't approve are generally a bit more subtile... but they've just come out with it instead and told you to get it sorted bald man...

Most people, IMO, don't have an issue with baldness, especially if you have a regular shaped head and it suits you. I'm pretty comfortable with a buzz cut now, the only time anyone has ever commented on it was one female friend's mum who hadn't seen me for years and kept saying it was such a shame as I had lovely hair etc.. though she was a posh horsey type from Surrey and so no doubt was fond of floppy haired old Etonian types etc...

I think the operations are a bit drastic, take a good look at what they actually do, look at the photos, it is a bit extreme for the sake of vanity IMO (granted there are plenty of women out there who go through much more for the sake of vanity with regards to breast enlargements etc..). IIRC people go to turkey for this stuff, I guess unlike the horror stories of people going to the likes of Thailand for more extreme cosmetic surgery procedures this isn't quite at that level, its a rather minor surgical procedure... though there is a risk of infection. Also remember that the transplanted hair is generally not going to be very thick, AFAIK it is just a thin coverage of the areas where you've lost it already.

Then again, **** them, if they're paying then get yourself to Harely St and book whoever did Wayne Rooney's one - presumably costs some low to mid 5 figure sum. If they don't want to pay that then it shuts them down...

But remember, we'll have a hair loss cure in around 5-10 years according to the hair loss industry...who have been spouting this claim for decades now.

Well we do have cures, there are two options at the moment - one, a lotion, which stops further loss (so ideally is used early on), the second a pill which both stop further loss and in some cases has stimulated a bit of regeneration too AFAIK. IIRC (I did look into this a while ago and spoke to a dermatologist) the pill is more effective... there are however side effects such as loss of libido etc..

In the end I decided I didn't fancy taking a pill with that potential side effect and didn't fancy shelling out every couple of months for some greasy lotion I'd have to apply every day... and so I went for a buzz cut instead.

You could go down the Lewis Hamilton route and get one of those fancy 'hair systems' which are basically stick on toupee's.

Not sure id ever be able to get one if I went bald but the difference in the guys appearance in that video is remarkable and makes it pretty easy to see why some men value having hair highly.

It could be quite amusing as a novelty thing... that does look pretty impressive to be fair. Maybe good for a holiday or something... again though rather a lot of faff if you have to get it re-fitted every 2 weeks.

Caporegime
Well we do have cures, there are two options at the moment - one, a lotion, which stops further loss (so ideally is used early on), the second a pill which both stop further loss and in some cases has stimulated a bit of regeneration too AFAIK. IIRC (I did look into this a while ago and spoke to a dermatologist) the pill is more effective... there are however side effects such as loss of libido etc..

Hardly cures, rogaine and the other assorted medication has varying results and in some people does nothing at all, its not like you can be a slaphead, take some rogaine and have a full head of hair in 6 months so not even remotely what would be considered a "cure". Stop taking rogaine etc and any effects they may have been having stops and the hair loss continues.

They reckon that the hair follicles are in a dormant state because of the DHT, so if they can find a way to reactivate all of them again that's pretty much the holy grail of a hair loss treatment.

Soldato
The risk factors for hair loss drugs are vastly overblown and in the very tiny single digits for actual side effects. Don't let hypochondria cloud your judgement.

Are the costs as well as how crap the look often turns out to be also overblown?

It isn't hypochondria clouding judgement, i just think cosmetic surgeries like these are a poor and temporary solution for peoples insecurities.

Caporegime
Hardly cures, rogaine and the other assorted medication has varying results and in some people does nothing at all, its not like you can be a slaphead, take some rogaine and have a full head of hair in 6 months so not even remotely what would be considered a "cure".

Fair enough I guess "treatment" is perhaps the more appropriate term. I never claimed that it could reverse a full slap head into a full head of hair though nor did I claim these are 100% effective. They are however clinically proven to both stop and in some cases reverse hair loss - if you get a hair transplant then you'll apparently be taking the pill too to try and stop further hair loss... if you take the thing earlier on then you can perhaps, in some cases, avoid the transplant in the first place.

Personally I've gone for a buzz cut as I'm not interested in suffering the side effects from this stuff... if however there was a permanent fix/cure in future with min side effects I'd probably try it, though am quite used to a buzz cut now so might well flip between it and a regular hair cut even if cured.

Caporegime
Good luck! :)

send before and after pics, interested to see;

Fortunately, I have a full head of hair *touches wood*.

https://i0.wp.com/road2beauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/before-after.jpg?fit=925,479

you can't tell he's had one done. that is what the difference is between a good one and an okay one.

bad ones - you should see the horror show that is turkey. they use outdated methods with larger punches / holes. leaves you in such a state you would be better off being scalped. terrible scarring, risk of infection and being left with a horror of a head. it's not worth going cheap.

https://hassonandwong.com/

this is the place - vancouver

https://hassonandwong.com/hair-transplant-results/patient-1929/

look at that result

https://hassonandwong.com/hair-transplant-results/before-after-6514-grafts-fut-hair-transplant/

and that one

https://hassonandwong.com/hair-transplant-photos/

they have a lot of before and after in there

Back
Top Bottom