Surely this is a stupid thing to do?

Soldato
Driving along a dual carriageway today and the person infront of me slammed on their brakes when going past a hearse.

Are you sure he wasn't slowing down in good time for the yellow speed strips / junction ahead? Also, notice that there's a motorcycle in front of the hearse: do you know if that motorcycle wasn't in your lane earlier?

Soldato
Anyone got twitter bored enough to tweet Jeff Goldblumn and see if he'll give us an answer to "how fast is a fly by?" ?

Slowing down like a muppet did, yes definitely.
In what way did he slow down ‘like a muppet’. Seemed to apply the brakes in plenty of time to me.

Soldato
A dual carriageway is not the place to 'pay respects' though.

As an aside,

I have often questioned the wisdom of furnary convoys using DC roads.

There is a fundamental difference between driving a slow vehicle like a tractor on a DC and driving a Car slowly. Other drivers can see from half a mile back that there is a tractor ahead and that it will be going slowly. One will only appreciate that a Car is only going at 25 or so once you are right on top of it. I wonder is there are any stats available that confirm or debunk the idea that this presents a significant additional risk of accident?

Man of Honour
At the end of the day it doesn't matter what they were slowing down for, if it causes you to crap yourself and think you might end up in their boot then you were too close.

Soldato
If you think this justifies uploading a video and posting it, you're clearly very inexperienced.

But then, we all do stupid things when we're young. I'm sure if you go back far enough you'll find idiot posts from me as well. :o

Soldato
It's a very stupid thing to do, not to mention incredibly dangerous.

at no point should BMW drivers be using their indicators. It only confuses other road users.

Soldato
Don't think he did anything wrong, if that is slamming on your brakes you must either have bad brakes or start to slow down about a mile from a junction.

If anything you were up his bum a bit too much.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with that.

It was his wife's funeral. He had Cup final tickets.

One last nod of respect before heading to the game.

In a funny sort of way, yes.

One does not necessarily ever know why the driver ahead might put the anchors on until after the fact.

A competent driver will always maintain sufficient space such that this will never matter.

(Me, As a general rule, I do 1sec/10MPH. IE at Motorway speeds I will maintain a 6-8 second gap. Not the, So called, "2 second rule" one)

Back
Top Bottom