Chernobyl miniseries - coming to Sky and HBO in May 2019

Soldato
So taking him as a primary example, I assume many people feel the same. My reasoning was that, having watched the series and perhaps developed not only a greater understanding of exactly what happened but also a measure of empathy for the place and community as a whole, that kind of knowing might dampen enthusiasm a bit. Just a casual thought, though...

There was actually a Chernobyl for the C64

But it seems they modelled a pressurised water reactor instead of the RBMK after reading the comments of people disappointed with not being able to create a meltdown or explosion

And I wouldn't put it past somebody creating a Chernobyl Simulator 2020 where you get to play as one of the engineers in the control room, your mission, to prevent catastrophe while performing safety tests and provide safe electricity for your comrades

Soldato
Watched the final episode tonight. Without doubt the best series I've watched in many years.
The previous 4 episodes were good but episode 5 was without doubt the best

If this doesn't win some awards I'll be amazed.

Soldato
Just finished up watching ep5 from midweek, I gotta give the whole series a perfect 10/10. Without any doubt the best thing I've watched on TV. Brilliant from start to finish, I've learnt a lot from watching it.

Having its release coincide with the disappointing end to GoT was a solid decision too, I imagine they've retained at least a few customers and favourable opinion as a result.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I really enjoyed it. Better than a dry documentary and a story well told

I guess you need to be switched on to really understand what could have happened if not wasn't for the decisions of a handful of people. The hundreds of thousands affected by Chernobyl could have been much much more globally if things had gone differently and that is what this series really did well to portray along with the human stories close to the disaster.

With it being based in factual events you're not going to get any major plot twists or shocking moments, it's a dramatisation of something that's very real and deviating too much is an insult to the story itself. I remember in high school we had children affected by Chernoby visit us, but at that age I didn't appreciate any of what it meant. As a near 34 year old however this series has really highlighted how devastating the situation could have been and how lucky we are it wasn't more devastating than it ended up.

Back
Top Bottom