Male and Female He Created Them: Towards a Path of Dialogue on the Question of Gender in Education

Caporegime
This.

I truly hate all this gender politics BS.

There are 4 options here.

You are a Man/Male
You are a Woman/Female
You are intersex and were born with both male and female reproductive organs (ie Caster Semenya)
You are mentally ill and have a delusion that you are something other than what you were born as.

Facts.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Your saying the information from the people in gold spangly slippers and a lot of jewelery about trans and gay people is 'accurate information' ?
Where am I saying that? Keep making leaps froggy, randomshenans will be along for a munch.
'Inaccurate information' what now? :D
This feels like a pointless, never-ending route to go down so instead I will just sit back, relax and...
iI4Awkx.gif

Soldato
I'm guessing you're not an engineer, or anything, then?
Use the right language, or your reality will not turn out as you expected!! ;)

Lol, graduated with a degree in electronic engineering.

The crux of my point is that language needs to evolve as flaws in it are found. The inadequacies of language is why engineering uses maths and drawings to do the bits that have to be unambiguous.

Soldato
Thank god TimeTeam was ended before all this nonsense started becoming mainstream, I'd hate to imagine week long episodes dedicated to arguments over whether the bones they've dug up belonged to a male or female :)

Soldato
Lol, graduated with a degree in electronic engineering.

The crux of my point is that language needs to evolve as flaws in it are found. The inadequacies of language is why engineering uses maths and drawings to do the bits that have to be unambiguous.

The language, the terminology used to distinguish male and female is perfectly adequate. From a scientific angle there are only 2 genders, male and female. Intersex is a biological anomaly but that person will still have certain traits that are stronger than others.

As an electronic engineer your world is defined as either on or off, binary 1's and 0's, there is no in between.

Soldato
More power to you if your analogue electronics engineer, not many of them about. Still doesn't alter the fact that there are only 2 sex's. Find me any peer reviewed scientific evidence by a recognised scientist, to say otherwise and I'll gladly read it.

Soldato
There are 4 options here.

You are a Man/Male
You are a Woman/Female
You are intersex and were born with both male and female reproductive organs (ie Caster Semenya)
You are mentally ill and have a delusion that you are something other than what you were born as.

Re-quoted for truth!

And This!

I am not going to be wanting to go out of my way to be hostile to deluded people, But at the same time, I am not going to regard a Man in a dress as a Woman any more than I am going to treat a Man (Or Woman) in a Napoleon uniform as L'Empereur!

And I really do not see why I should be under any legal obligation to do so! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom