Ships under attack in the middle east

Soldato
Is this a double bluff by Iran?

i.e. Iran will implicate this is a Mossad false flag operation to scupper the Japanese diplomatic talks. When actually Iran did it themselves to be able to play the victim and make Israel look bad.

#mindgames

Caporegime
Honestly it's not just Israel is it.

It's the Arab alliance, then Israel, then the US on one side looking for a confrontation and on the other is China and Russia potentially engineering it themselves for different reasons. (making Trump look like a big ol' **** for promising no war, while the trade issue continues) Iran is the third party in play, and this is a big risk for them so i'm not sure about that.

It's not black and white.

Associate
Its the illuminati

No wait, the aliens did it

(I hope there is a big war in my lifetime. There's too many people on this ***ing planet as it is, we need a big cull)

Permabanned
Unclear at this point, but this writer makes the point that Iran could possibly be behind it to send a message after the US imposed yet more sanctions on them designed to strangle their economy.

Hope this doesn't escalate. Imagine the price of oil if war kicks off with Iran.

"A few tweets Iran's Supreme Leader issued after his meeting with Prime Minister Abe today hint at a motive Iran might have to conduct something like the attack that happened today:

Khamenei.ir @khamenei_ir - 9:36 UTC - 13 Jun 2019
We do not believe at all that the U.S. is seeking genuine negotiations with Iran; because genuine negotiations would never come from a person like Trump. Genuineness is very rare among U.S. officials.

.@AbeShinzo U.S. president met & talked with you a few days ago, including about Iran. But after returning from Japan, he immediately imposed sanctions on Iran’s petrochemical industry. Is this a message of honesty? Does that show he is willing to hold genuine negotiations?

After the nuclear deal, the first one to immediately breach the JCPOA was Obama; the same person who had requested negotiations with Iran & had sent a mediator. This is our experience, & Mr. Abe, know that we won’t repeat the same experience.

The keyword here is "petrochemical". The tankers hit today were loaded with naphta from the UAE and methanol from Saudi Arabia. Both are petrochemical products and not simply crude oil. Last Friday, June 7, the U.S. sanctioned all trade with Iran's biggest petrochemical producer. These sanction will seriously hurt Iran.

When the Trump administration began to sanction Iran's oil export last year, Iran announced new rules of the game. It said that it would retaliate against other Persian Gulf producers should Iran be unable to export its goods:

Iran has threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz, a vital artery for oil shipments from the Middle East. The warning comes in response to the US, which is trying to cut off Iranian crude exports.
Iran's supreme leader's senior adviser for international affairs, Ali Akbar Velayati said his country will retaliate.
“The most transparent, complete and prompt response was given by Mr [Hassan] Rouhani, the Iranian president, in his last trip to Europe. The response was clear: if Iran cannot export oil through the Persian Gulf, no-one will do this,” Velayati said, speaking at the Valdai discussion club in Russia. “Either everyone will export, or no-one,” he added.

Now we can apply the keyword Khamenei used today to these sentences: "if Iran cannot export petrochemical products through the Persian Gulf, no-one will do this". "Either everyone will export, or no-one."

That Iran might have this motive does not mean or prove that it is responsible for today's attack. Someone else might have initiated it to blame Iran.

Still - it is a very serious message that Abe, who Trump sent to Iran, will understand and communicate back to the White House."

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/...f-of-oman-are-not-in-irans-interest.html#more

Caporegime

Not sure I'd trust that then given the statement in the link in the OP, I assumed there might have been some later news/update.

But Norwegian shipping firm Frontline said it was still afloat.

"The vessel hasn't sunk," company spokesman Pat Adamson said. "There are pictures from a salvage vessel that is circling the ship."

Soldato
Honestly it's not just Israel is it.

It's the Arab alliance, then Israel, then the US on one side looking for a confrontation and on the other is China and Russia potentially engineering it themselves for different reasons. (making Trump look like a big ol' **** for promising no war, while the trade issue continues) Iran is the third party in play, and this is a big risk for them so i'm not sure about that.

It's not black and white.

Clearly anti-Semitic.... How's comrade corbyn? :)

Soldato
Gulf of Oman is no where near Israel, so why do you drag them into the equation.

Your agenda is clear.

If the attack was in the western Mediterranean, then you might have a valid point.
you wanna try and shoehorn brexit in too?

take a look at the original post you quoted and then the post it was in reply to. i don't think there's any clear agenda in the reply you've taken issue with.

Caporegime
Gulf of Oman is no where near Israel, so why do you drag them into the equation.

Your agenda is clear.

If the attack was in the western Mediterranean, then you might have a valid point.

Hardly, the corridor is important to Israel as well, well known also is Israel's meddling in it's neighbors for good reason (though increasingly nationalistic jingoism), so this wouldn't be amazingly suspect, but i'd sooner put it at the head of Riyadh or Bolton's inner monologue than Tel Aviv.

Soldato
If its a torpedo or mine it will be Iran. They have been harassing ships passing by there for years and its not like Iranian forces show restraint.

Back
Top Bottom