Ships under attack in the middle east

Soldato
Why does someone need to pay ISIS?

Since when do ISIS have any navy resources or know anything about naval mines?

I was quoting someone. The purpose of reply was to correct the assumption that the Shia would even remotely consider working with ISIS. However, on a broader level. Who do you think supports ISIS? I mean weapons, funds, supplies.

Soldato
Iran are under heavy sanctions and oil prices have now shot up, the few countries who are still buying from them will have to pay a lot more. Iran's economy could collapse and the fall out could see a government overthrow so I'd say they have a rather big incentive to drive up oil prices and protect their economy. The thing is if they have done it they'll have just paid some ISIS frogmen so it'll be impossible to prove either way, as it's going to be impossible to prove people will just blame either Iran or Israel depending on their own bias.

Finally, something sensible said.

Soldato
Scary stuff. That video released by the US was highly suggestive. If you tell me that was some commandos removing a mine from the hull of ship I can well believe it. If you tell me only a state actor has the skills and equipment to do that I also find that very plausible.

Squeaky bum time in Tehran I bet.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
why do the US have footage...how come they had something in the area at the exact moment of the incident to take video footage

of all the bits of the sea in the area they had something overhead at the exact right time???

Soldato
why do the US have footage...how come they had something in the area at the exact moment of the incident to take video footage

of all the bits of the sea in the area they had something overhead at the exact right time???

They maintain many assets in the region. One assumes that the drone was dispatched after the bombing occurred and that the limpet mine removal was after the bombing occurred. It doesn't seem unreasonable that the US would dispatch a drone, see the boat ad then investigate.

Man of Honour
Did the Iranians say that they had removed a mine? If it is indeed a mine, and they were not involved in planting it, then they would have announced that they found one. But if they haven't said anything about finding a mine then it does look suspiciously like they wanted to remove it before it could be investigated for evidence of its origin.

Caporegime
Finally, something sensible said.

Not sensible at all, Iran is currently bartering (for food and other supplies) not selling in a traditional sense because it can't. Why the **** would they hire their religious enemy that they've been fighting in Syria exactly? load of *****.

From what I can make out seems the latest claims are that disguised mines with timers were attached to the vessels while in port.

Last port of call was Xiuyu (China) for the Courageous and the Altair was in Ruwais (Qatar), so one of them might be relevant (not entirely sure how Iranian agents would be able to walk in and out of a Qatari port with a bloody mine...), a tad inconsistent though.

Last edited:
Permabanned
The Iranians attacked a Japanese-owned ship during a rare visit by the Japanese PM? And turns out the other ship was full of Russian sailors. Strange targets (and timing) for the Iranians to attack when there were plenty of ships from hostile nations they could have hit.

With the US itching for a war with Iran and with their history of using false flags/lies to justify war I'm going to assume it was a FF until shown otherwise.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/06/the-gulf-of-credibility/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom