Is anyone still playing Battlefield 2?

Permabanned
I also don't care what anyone says.

BF2 still has the best sounding battlefield main theme of all time. The others just don't have that vibe to it :(
Thats not the original tune, that tune sucks tbh.

This is the original one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m_WLo84NE0

"you have been kicked from the server" PnkbstrB Lol

My only concern is that the game could be rife with hackers now because of the fact that PB is no longer updated and hacks could be rife.

Soldato
I had a quick bash on this last night, it was great going back to a 64 player server on Karkand, seemed to be a good amount of teamwork going on, certainly lots of reviving and resupplying.

I'll be back on it again soon without doubt, great fun!!

Associate
Yep i play this all the time. Lots of cheats on it though and no anti cheat system i place you basically have to record and report cheats which most people aren't going to do.

Soldato
Bf2 was the best open world game. I must have spent years in Oman, karkand, wake!

Still felt bigger and somehow better than all the pretty games that came after.

C64

C64

Soldato
I also don't care what anyone says.

BF2 still has the best sounding battlefield main theme of all time. The others just don't have that vibe to it :(
Battlefield 1942 disagrees, on a side note I really miss bf vietnam and airlifting boats etc and desert combat mod plane surfing the b52

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thread revive from the depths!

Going through a slump of not having any interest in my usual games so thought I’d stick a post in here and see if there’s anyone playing?

There was a semi-modded version that got shut down by EA if I remember? What’s the best way to get online now?

Soldato
Lack of Bots and no modding is why I cant get on with the likes of BF3 and BF4. I was involved in creating a "Doctor Who" mod for BF2 replacing one side with Daleks, and having Dalek Shuttles as aircraft and the other side were UNIT. Used original maps as didnt get that far but remember doing characters and sound.

I've got 1942 and 2142 Deluxe Edition in my Origin.

9uqf6x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom