• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be ditching Ryzen 2 for Ryzen 3

Will you be ditching Ryzen 2 for Ryzen 3?

• 1. Yes but will be keeping my current motherboard

Votes: 67 17.8%
  • 2. No I’m sticking with Ryzen 2

Votes: 25 6.6%
  • 3. I’ll be upgrading both my Gen1/Gen 2 Ryzen chip and motherboard to Ryzen 3 and X570

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • 4. I’ll be upgrading my intel platform to Ryzen 3

Votes: 108 28.7%
  • 5. I'm waiting for real reviews before I decide?

Votes: 140 37.2%

• Total voters
Associate
Will wait for reviews 1st if there’s a decent gain over my 2700x then I’ll get one. Will also wait to see if my current ch6 is up to the job, if it’s fine I’ll just get a new cpu otherwise I’ll get a new mobo and replace my nephews 7700k with my ch6/2700x so he has a upgrade path(basically my old parts as I upgrade fairly often).

Permabanned
Will wait for reviews 1st if there’s a decent gain over my 2700x then I’ll get one. Will also wait to see if my current ch6 is up to the job, if it’s fine I’ll just get a new cpu otherwise I’ll get a new mobo and replace my nephews 7700k with my ch6/2700x so he has a upgrade path(basically my old parts as I upgrade fairly often).

Same, exactly! (Except for the nephew....that would be weird)

Soldato
Yeah and keeping my trusty B350 xD

Prob going 3700X so should be fine / use less power than my 2700X.

AMD CPU division is on fire atm.

If only they could make high-end GPU to match.

Soldato
I might pick up a Navi card too.

I mean it could make sense if you are on lower range card. I'm on an RTX 2080 atm so no real upgrade path for me atm. Would love to go AMD again (I really dislike Nvidia as a company) but need something faster to be worthwhile.

Maybe next year well see some better options at the high end. Prices are bonkers right now regardless...

Soldato
I'll be Intrested in the new Ryzen 8/16 core/ thread chip if it plays nice in my B450 tomahawk mobo. Certainly not dropping a couple of hundred on a new motherboard. I have a few rigs 3 Intel and 1 Ryzen atm.

Soldato
I have no need for the 16 core, but i'll defo grab myself a 12 core, I want to see how they pan out first though, I wont rush into it, I may even hold out until next year when they release 7nm+, by that time I expect they would have refined the 7nm tech a bit and we'll see the faster clock speeds with RyZen 4000.

Associate
AMD 3000, Can't come to terms with the HEAT those X570 boards generate...water cooled MB's, sounds like a bodge-up. Plus, you won't be able to get CPU's for ages.

Associate
I'm really talking myself into a new mobo to go with a new 3000 chip. I'm sure my ch6 would handle a new 8 core Ryzen 3 but I really fancy a change to either a x470 or x570. As i said before I would give my nephew my old CH6 and 2700x to replace his 7700k that i've had to limit to 4.5 due to heat so it would be a major upgrade for him. He doesn't need to much grunt as he only has a 1080p 60hz monitor but does like to have loads off stuff open that the 7700k does seem to struggle a little with. Plus he's really into RGB (stupid kids) but his mobo has no rgb headers so he's limited to 3 colours from his case, the ch6 has aura that he could mess with.

Associate
Going from gen 1 to 3, but I will see how the backwards compatibility works on the motherboards. If I can keep my Taichi then happy days, will buy an 8 core and look to go all out on the next gen when the graphics market will hopefully look better.

Associate
I think people need to take time to breath, AMD are gonna The swear filter is there for a reason it up, its just how and when.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I have a 2700x at the moment but will be 'upgrading' to a 3700x. Mainly so I can move the 2700x to another PC downstairs. I think the 3700X is really the big news here although the other CPUs look good too. But 8 cores, 16 threads a little bit faster than the 2700X and for just 65 watts is unreal. I have a fairly tight case so this new chip looks ideal for heat / noise.

Back
Top Bottom