What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Nearly bloody crashed it!

Northbound on the M1 last night and some bumcloth decides they want to undertake and then veer into the fast lane where there really is no gap.

I'm not going to lie, I saw red and blocked them off which meant I was forced onto the little verge in the middle of the motorway.

They conceded back into the middle lane but it really ****** me off. I'm fully aware I should have just left it and backed off, but in the heat of the moment I wasn't having any of it!

Soldato
Yes definitely best to just leave it in those situations. I tend to put my car first. So I'd rather give the idiot space and not risk damaging it. :p
I hear that, looking back at the dashcam footage I know I overreacted :(

Ah well, let morons be morons in the future rather than become one of them I suppose.

Soldato
Pretty damn good. Even more so considering I'm driving a 180bhp 420i at the moment and on today's 150 mile motorway run with cruise on for most of it while being sat at 70mph ish I've only averaged 39mpg.

Caporegime
Pretty damn good. Even more so considering I'm driving a 180bhp 420i at the moment and on today's 150 mile motorway run with cruise on for most of it while being sat at 70mph ish I've only averaged 39mpg.

That's terrible tbh. My Saab 9-5 Aero will do that on the motorway with 100BHP extra and more than likely 2-300 kilograms more to tug along. Not to mention it is an ancient old banger.

Soldato
Yeah I expected at least low 40s. Car was in eco mode and I wasn’t flooring it for overtakes either. In fairness, I didn’t reset the trip computer before that trip but all my previous driving was much the same.

Luckily it isn’t my car, it’s just a loaner as my car had a recall for the EGR cooler and I’m waiting for BMW get the part in. Might have it for a while yet though.

Soldato
Today I tried my hardest to replace my window regulator and motor.

Orginally it was just meant to be the motor but apparently I managed to simultaneously break the motor cog and the reg cables.

Tried to get just a reg from a scrapyard or breakers and no one has one. So the motor needs to be returned and I needed to buy a full system. Fine.

Drive down to ecp got a reg and motor for a bargain of £80. Get home to install it and it's wrong. Not "oh I've ordered the wrong part" wrong more like the box just has the wrong part it in it. So take it back they have no more at my local so ring and check that the next closest store 30 minutes away has the correct one. They confirm the part matches the photo. So off I go. Get there, wrong part.

Now I can't be bothered to have to go hunting for a new piece at a reasonable price and I didn't fancy having to install a regulator anyway I've got it booked it at 10am tomorrow for the professionals to worry about.

Caporegime

I just got this and when tried to pair with Bluetooth phone says it is unsupported. How do you connect yours?

Soldato
Replaced a power steering pump, replaced both lower control arms, ball joints and link arms and added a bolt on turbo upgrade. Pointless really, but I love getting the spanners out.

Soldato
I found that some unwanted vibrations were caused due to an overly saggy mid exhaust mount.

I replaced it with a powerflex one instead. And the vibrations are still there hah.. less noise though. seems this bush may have been too firm. Oh well, it will bed in after a while.

Caporegime
I found that some unwanted vibrations were caused due to an overly saggy mid exhaust mount.

I replaced it with a powerflex one instead. And the vibrations are still there hah.. less noise though. seems this bush may have been too firm. Oh well, it will bed in after a while.

A poly bush won't really "bed in" per se. :p

Back
Top Bottom