What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
I just got this and when tried to pair with Bluetooth phone says it is unsupported. How do you connect yours?

What app are you using? You don’t need to pair it like you would with other bluetooth devices, just open the app, go to the apps options/settings and choose the device.

*edit* In dashcommand set connection to ELM, in CarCommand it’s ‘Bluetooth4.0’ then hit ‘select device’ and it’ll show up with ‘OBD II’, click it and go back and hit connect.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What app are you using? You don’t need to pair it like you would with other bluetooth devices, just open the app, go to the apps options/settings and choose the device.

Car Scanner, iPhone XR.

Oh, that's where i am going wrong, was trying to pair it under Settings, it won't, and also not seeing it as a local wifi either.

Soldato
Car Scanner, iPhone XR.

Oh, that's where i am going wrong, was trying to pair it under Settings, it won't, and also not seeing it as a local wifi either.

See edit above - you choose connection type and then select device and it should pick it up straight away, just select the device and then click connect on the main screen. Obviously ignition on and check you have powered on the device or you’ll get nowt.

Caporegime
See edit above - you choose connection type and then select device and it should pick it up straight away, just select the device and then click connect on the main screen. Obviously ignition on and check you have powered on the device or you’ll get nowt.

Thanks, I will give it another go later.

Question - What if my car isn't listed, it's a Volvo C30 T5.

Soldato
If you poly bush an exhaust, is that not just going to cause stress somewhere else?
Why would it?
It's just a powerflex hanger.

Just reduced up and down movement. Still allows back and forth movement. Shouldn't be any issues with joints. But it does stop it hitting the rear subframe when bouncing down crappy roads.

Soldato
Cheers, for it working !

Did you upgrade to the pro version of the app.

Nope, I have the premium version of Dash Commander, but not paid for the premium version of Car Scanner yet. My plan later this year is likely a full android HU with DAB which will run Torque, have TPMS and reversing camera etc. That said a DA130 would do most of what I want for not much more via CarPlay and the capacitive screen is tempting, the 230 is resistive but also supports android.

Caporegime
Nope, I have the premium version of Dash Commander, but not paid for the premium version of Car Scanner yet. My plan later this year is likely a full android HU with DAB which will run Torque, have TPMS and reversing camera etc. That said a DA130 would do most of what I want for not much more via CarPlay and the capacitive screen is tempting, the 230 is resistive but also supports android.

Is the premium version worth it?

Soldato
Hit a bloody badger this morning. Was already in the road, but it didn't look very big until I got close to it. Ripped off an undertray. I took that off completely when I got to work. Some lovely badger juice I need to wash off at some point too. Thankfully no bumper damage or any other damage though. But damn, they are solid lumps, it lifted the car as I went over it.

Back
Top Bottom