**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Suspended
I've had the phone for 2 days now and love it. I've not put a case on it as the phone just looks so lovely without.

Putting a case on it feels like putting vinyl seat covers on a gorgeous leather sofa.

I've got a £50 excess on my house contents accidental damage so I'm going to rely on that to protect the phone.

I would like the back to be less slippy - almost wish dbrand did a clear textured skin.
As it happens these guys do them.
I've used them before for my OP6.

https://www.xtremeskins.co.uk/products/oneplus-7-pro-skins

Soldato
I was at Royal Ascot yesterday, took a few photo's and thought they were pretty good.

Ultra Wide Angle for example -

H2Np1Odh.jpg

Then a horsie trotting by -

UqEWsQth.jpg

Then into pro mode for a fast shutter speed of them flying by during a race -

dM9FvFmh.jpg

Then I noticed something as I zoomed in -

heOAJTVh.jpg

Is it me, or are the four at the back all looking at me and the nearest one has a big grin on his face?! What do they know that I don't?!

7X4zbR8h.jpg

Is that freaky, or not?

Soldato
Good pictures @AndyCr15 - This is what I mean about phones, decent pictures, easy to use, quick to take - Not world class leading snaps that a DSLR would take but absolutely good enough for everyday use.

People get so hung up on the quality of the pictures on a phone, it's ridiculous.

As a side issue - had the phone since launch day, don't think I've used the selfie camera once!!:p

Soldato
Good pictures @AndyCr15 - This is what I mean about phones, decent pictures, easy to use, quick to take - Not world class leading snaps that a DSLR would take but absolutely good enough for everyday use.

People get so hung up on the quality of the pictures on a phone, it's ridiculous.

As a side issue - had the phone since launch day, don't think I've used the selfie camera once!!:p

Definitely this.

Pop-up camera almost put me off this phone, but in the end I decided I wouldn't use it anyway and it's better than having a notch :p

Soldato
Is the cheapest pay monthly contract deal for the OP 7 Pro 4G with Three? (£43 pm for 4gb data)

that's mental - £1061 over 24 months

OR

Buy it outright - £699 and 10gb data on Three for £8 a month. - cost over 24 months - £891 - nearly £200 cheaper.

Associate
My OnePlus 7 pro 5G is off to a good start.

Test on S10e - 4G Speed inside home with EE Network via Virgin Mobile MVNO (Mast 20-30m away from home in full view)

8PbYwIV.jpg

Test on OnePlus 7 Pro 5G - 5G Speed inside home with EE Network (Mast 20-30m away from home in full view)

WNzP3Un.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The latency is pants, I thought that was one of the improvements of 5g?

Edit. It is, "We are between 1 to 2 milliseconds," so why is yours so high.

Associate
The latency is pants, I thought that was one of the improvements of 5g?

Edit. It is, "We are between 1 to 2 milliseconds," so why is yours so high.
Still early days with 5G, the initial implementation from EE is made to prioritise range. Going forward the 'real' implementation of 5G should have shorter range but much faster speeds and much improved latency.

Tbh I'm loving the huge increase in download. It suits me very well with unlimited YouTube, Netflix and BT Sport data on EE's 5G benefits, which is included in the deal. The phone flies in my usage, luckily I don't game online at all or I would be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom