Poll: French Grand Prix 2019, Paul Ricard - Race 8/21

Rate the 2019 worst race of the year out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Worst era of F1 by so far!

Probably the most boring race I can remember? If it wasn't for that last lap tussle it was utterly forgettable.

I am sure there have been plenty of other forgettable races this and last year. Like you I just can't remember them :p

I really do not understand the negativity, this year and the last few are no different to any other year of F1.

Every single year ever, has always had bad races, has had boring races, has had processional races, and has had some exciting races.

Out of 45+ years of watching and/or being involved with F1, I really cannot remember a single year where there were no boring races, where every race was exiting, it just never happens, and never ever will happen no matter what you do with the regs.

People seem to have such short memories, every year when one team has dominated, be it Wiliams, Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Lotus, Brawn, Mercedes, there are some good races and some not so good, that is what makes F1 so interesting.

Soldato
People seem to have such short memories, every year when one team has dominated, be it Wiliams, Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Lotus, Brawn, Mercedes, there are some good races and some not so good, that is what makes F1 so interesting.

Whilst I would agree not every race can be exciting, this year in particular has been boring all through the field. I have no problem the front 2/3 being ignored by the cameras when there is action going on mid-field, but this year there isn't much happening.

Soldato
I am sure there have been plenty of other forgettable races this and last year. Like you I just can't remember them :p
Haha. Maybe! Monaco was definitely better than this, atleast there's some genuine risk that there may be a crash :p

I really do not understand the negativity, this year and the last few are no different to any other year of F1..... snip......
Wasn't being negative about the season, just that race in particular. Ofcourse some races are not going to stand out as memorable, but this weekend's race was remarkable due to how little of note there was. A few DRS overtakes completed before the end of the straight, Ricciardo being naughty by the word of the law... That was it? Even the Channel 4 highlights felt like they lasted for ever.

Caporegime
The best thing about F1 these days for me....

1. Saving money not subbing to SkySports F1.
2. The 5-10 minute summary of the race on youtube that appears later in the day that now saves me hours of viewing time :)

Imagine how annoyed you'd be if you shelled out for sky just for the f1!

Genuinely think I prefer f1 now because I don't watch full races vs last year. Thanks sky!

I like the C4 show length. I can watch it in bed, skip to the race start and have it knocked off in an hour. Annoyed the gb gp will be full length :/

Man of Honour

Genuinely think I prefer f1 now because I don't watch full races

I like the C4 show length. I can watch it in bed, skip to the race start and have it knocked off in an hour. Annoyed the gb gp will be full length :/

Fortunately with the sub you get lots of the support races in UHD. There have also been some decent races this year, but people like to jump on the 'boring' bandwagon.

smr

smr

Soldato

Genuinely think I prefer f1 now because I don't watch full races vs last year. Thanks sky!

Well I'm a football fan too so it's good value for me. I would reconsider having Sky if it wasn't for some immense haggling skills though. Basically my Sky TV package is £30 a month which includes Sky Q, 1TB box, channels like Sky Sports, Sky Atlantic, Nat Geo, all documentary channels, and everything but Movies or kids channels in Full HD. I don't mind the presenters on Channel 4 apart from the lead commentator, he just irks a bit.

Much prefer Crofty, Ted, Brundle, Davidson, Pinkham and co. and the coverage is much better. I enjoy the debrief hosted by Ted on Wednesday, the 'Welcome to the Weekend' show, the F1 show Live, the drivers press conference, all the practice and qually sessions and I just prefer watching the whole race.

smr

smr

Soldato
As for the race itself. Yes it was boring imho at the front anyway. Yesterday I just thought forget about the front of the grid and enjoy the midfield battle which without rain or unless Ferrari get their act together is the way I'll be looking at it this season.

In that sense, it's great to see my team McLaren performing much better this year. A definite improvement to get a third row lock out and hardly anything in it between Verstappen and Lando's Q3 times. Impressive considering how far off the pace McLaren were last year, bumbling around in 9th place.

A lights to flag Sunday cruise for Hamilton. Mildly interesting seeing LeClerc on Bottas' gearbox on the last lap but the TV director should have stuck with the midfield scrap. The fight between Renault and McLaren is brilliant.

Man of Honour
https://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilton-going-to-get-stronger-from-here/

I think we've seen this in action. Bottas has lost his chance. Hamiltons tyres looked the worst out of everyone by the end of the race, yet he was still opening up a big gap and nearly beat Vettel's fastest lap - crazy considering the age of Hamilton's tyres. Even when beaten in quali, Hamilton always has superior race pace. In the Rosberg days we always figured he was setup more for the race, but maybe he just extracts more from the car over a longer stint. Things might be boring at the moment, but it is still impressive to watch this masterclass. Max is the only driver even remotely close to Hamilton currently, I would love to see them in the same team.

Caporegime
As for the race itself. Yes it was boring imho at the front anyway. Yesterday I just thought forget about the front of the grid and enjoy the midfield battle which without rain or unless Ferrari get their act together is the way I'll be looking at it this season.

In that sense, it's great to see my team McLaren performing much better this year. A definite improvement to get a third row lock out and hardly anything in it between Verstappen and Lando's Q3 times. Impressive considering how far off the pace McLaren were last year, bumbling around in 9th place.

A lights to flag Sunday cruise for Hamilton. Mildly interesting seeing LeClerc on Bottas' gearbox on the last lap but the TV director should have stuck with the midfield scrap. The fight between Renault and McLaren is brilliant.

Same.
Being a Renault supporter this season is crazy exciting. A few races ago Renault were terrible. Now back near front of the B-team.
7th and 8th feels like a win.
Any genuine finishing ahead of that is a massive bonus . Which does happen because of how bad Gasly is !

Back
Top Bottom